PARK CITY — A New Jersey man was killed Monday after hitting a tree while skiing at Park City Mountain Resort.
William Kivet, 67, was skiing with a friend and making his first run of the day about 11:30 a.m., said Park City Police Sgt. Darwin Little. The two were on an expert black diamond run and going down the hill at a "moderate" pace, when witnesses said the victim appeared to lose control near the bottom.
He went off the main run and hit a tree. The man was pronounced dead at the ski resort. Little said Kivet was reportedly an intermediate level skier.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22