New Jersey skier dies after hitting tree in Park City
PARK CITY — A New Jersey man was killed Monday after hitting a tree while skiing at Park City Mountain Resort.
William Kivet, 67, was skiing with a friend and making his first run of the day about 11:30 a.m., said Park City Police Sgt. Darwin Little. The two were on an expert black diamond run and going down the hill at a "moderate" pace, when witnesses said the victim appeared to lose control near the bottom.
He went off the main run and hit a tree. The man was pronounced dead at the ski resort. Little said Kivet was reportedly an intermediate level skier.
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- Police ID man who barricaded himself in motor...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Teen in critical condition after slamming...
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 20
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 19
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 17
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15