New Jersey skier dies after hitting tree in Park City
PARK CITY — A New Jersey man was killed Monday after hitting a tree while skiing at Park City Mountain Resort.
William Kivet, 67, was skiing with a friend and making his first run of the day about 11:30 a.m., said Park City Police Sgt. Darwin Little. The two were on an expert black diamond run and going down the hill at a "moderate" pace, when witnesses said the victim appeared to lose control near the bottom.
He went off the main run and hit a tree. The man was pronounced dead at the ski resort. Little said Kivet was reportedly an intermediate level skier.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah...
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Family of slain man who killed police K9...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 14