BYU basketball: Cougars put together mid-period run, lead San Diego at halftime
BYU put together a 15-4 run midway through the first period to pull away from San Diego and lead the Toreros 43-31 at halftime.
The Cougars had a 10-0 advantage over San Diego in transition points during the first half, which is proving to be the difference in the game.
Tyler Haws and Brandon Davies lead BYU in scoring this period with 15 and 10 points, respectively.
BYU also outrebounded the Toreros 20-12 in the opening period.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Badger looking to become part of BYU's... 21