BYU basketball: Cougars put together mid-period run, lead San Diego at halftime
BYU put together a 15-4 run midway through the first period to pull away from San Diego and lead the Toreros 43-31 at halftime.
The Cougars had a 10-0 advantage over San Diego in transition points during the first half, which is proving to be the difference in the game.
Tyler Haws and Brandon Davies lead BYU in scoring this period with 15 and 10 points, respectively.
BYU also outrebounded the Toreros 20-12 in the opening period.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Dick Harmon: NFL's Goodell seeks out Ty...
- Questions aplenty as Utah Jazz begin training...
- BYU players endured tougher-than-usual...
- Ranking the starting point guards in the NBA...
- Danny Ainge speaks about career, Mormon faith
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured in-state game'
- Brad Rock: Utah Jazz still don't have the...
- Ranking the best point guards in the NBA...
- Opportunity lost: Utes squander lead,... 285
- BYU takes advantage of the bye week,... 92
- Things won't get any easier for... 77
- Brad Rock: Guaranteed wins don't exist... 54
- For BYU, Utah State is 'featured... 48
- Dick Harmon: Undefeated BYU is on... 39
- Quarterback Travis Wilson, Utes... 38
- Mike Leach, the most interesting man in... 37