BYU basketball: Cougars put together mid-period run, lead San Diego at halftime
BYU put together a 15-4 run midway through the first period to pull away from San Diego and lead the Toreros 43-31 at halftime.
The Cougars had a 10-0 advantage over San Diego in transition points during the first half, which is proving to be the difference in the game.
Tyler Haws and Brandon Davies lead BYU in scoring this period with 15 and 10 points, respectively.
BYU also outrebounded the Toreros 20-12 in the opening period.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Utah Jazz: Future of Trevor Booker, Joe...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16