BYU track: Charles and Lindahl with top-five finishes in New Mexico
PROVO, Utah – The No. 13 BYU men's track and field team wrapped up its trip to New Mexico with a couple of top-five finishes on day two of the Cherry & Silver Invitational on Saturday.
Fan Fan Charles finished in third place in the 60-meter dash in 6.77 seconds. The mark was just .02 seconds off of his personal record, which he set last week at the BYU Invitational.
"The highlights for us today were the 60 meters and the 400 meters," head coach Mark Robison said. "We saw some improvement in certain areas, but there were others where we are still hoping to make improvements. We'll get a chance at that next week."
In the 400-meter dash, Cade Lindahl placed fourth in 48.18 seconds. Lindahl also finished fourth in the 600 meters Friday night.
Bejon Bryant, running in his first race as a Cougar, took seventh place in the 60-meter hurdles. He finished with a time of 8.40 seconds. In one of the final races of the day, James Tracy finished the 3,000-meter run in 8:45.08, good for ninth place.
The Cougars will split up next week, sending athletes to compete at the UW Invitational in Seattle, Wash., and the Air Force Invitational in Colorado.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- New Rome mayor maintains opposition to 2024...
- Former NBA MVP Derrick Rose traded from Bulls...
- NHL coming to Las Vegas; New team to start...
- Massive crowd engulfs Cleveland, champion...
- Chile beats Colombia 2-0 to return to Copa...
- Ben Simmons, Brandon Ingram and intrigue...
- 24-team Euro 2016 a wacky success
- Nevada gambling regulators to weigh new...
- Morning links: Athlon ranks Utah FBS... 89
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 78
- Utah Jazz to acquire Indiana Pacers PG... 37
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 29
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 27
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 16
- Brad Rock: Jazz move up playoff... 14
- Families grapple with the pressure to... 14