BYU track: Charles and Lindahl with top-five finishes in New Mexico
PROVO, Utah – The No. 13 BYU men's track and field team wrapped up its trip to New Mexico with a couple of top-five finishes on day two of the Cherry & Silver Invitational on Saturday.
Fan Fan Charles finished in third place in the 60-meter dash in 6.77 seconds. The mark was just .02 seconds off of his personal record, which he set last week at the BYU Invitational.
"The highlights for us today were the 60 meters and the 400 meters," head coach Mark Robison said. "We saw some improvement in certain areas, but there were others where we are still hoping to make improvements. We'll get a chance at that next week."
In the 400-meter dash, Cade Lindahl placed fourth in 48.18 seconds. Lindahl also finished fourth in the 600 meters Friday night.
Bejon Bryant, running in his first race as a Cougar, took seventh place in the 60-meter hurdles. He finished with a time of 8.40 seconds. In one of the final races of the day, James Tracy finished the 3,000-meter run in 8:45.08, good for ninth place.
The Cougars will split up next week, sending athletes to compete at the UW Invitational in Seattle, Wash., and the Air Force Invitational in Colorado.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- IOC leaders stop short of complete ban on...
- Aussies won't move to Rio village yet; power,...
- Ken Griffey Jr. and Mike Piazza inducted into...
- 'Vive la France': Chris Froome makes...
- Busch turns weekend into clean sweep with...
- Larry Stone: Ken Griffey Jr.’s...
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 105
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 54
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 43
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 42
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 36
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 30
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 23