PAYSON — Lillian Spieth, a third-grade student at Spring Lake Elementary School, recently received $1,000 as the winner of the Utah State Cabbage Growing Contest.
Lillian's cabbage weighed 50.5 pounds.
The contest was sponsored by gardening company Bonnie Plants, which introduced the cabbage growing program as a way to help third-graders learn about growing their own food, according to Bonnie Plants' website.
A $1,000 scholarship winner is named from each state.
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- Theater preview: Pioneer Theatre raises...
- Top 10 spring activities for Utah families
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 73
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 25
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24