PAYSON — Lillian Spieth, a third-grade student at Spring Lake Elementary School, recently received $1,000 as the winner of the Utah State Cabbage Growing Contest.
Lillian's cabbage weighed 50.5 pounds.
The contest was sponsored by gardening company Bonnie Plants, which introduced the cabbage growing program as a way to help third-graders learn about growing their own food, according to Bonnie Plants' website.
A $1,000 scholarship winner is named from each state.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Cottonwood Heights mayor, residents unhappy...
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion budget
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 98
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 24
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18