PAYSON — Lillian Spieth, a third-grade student at Spring Lake Elementary School, recently received $1,000 as the winner of the Utah State Cabbage Growing Contest.
Lillian's cabbage weighed 50.5 pounds.
The contest was sponsored by gardening company Bonnie Plants, which introduced the cabbage growing program as a way to help third-graders learn about growing their own food, according to Bonnie Plants' website.
A $1,000 scholarship winner is named from each state.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 59
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 13
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9