PAYSON — Lillian Spieth, a third-grade student at Spring Lake Elementary School, recently received $1,000 as the winner of the Utah State Cabbage Growing Contest.
Lillian's cabbage weighed 50.5 pounds.
The contest was sponsored by gardening company Bonnie Plants, which introduced the cabbage growing program as a way to help third-graders learn about growing their own food, according to Bonnie Plants' website.
A $1,000 scholarship winner is named from each state.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18