PAYSON — Lillian Spieth, a third-grade student at Spring Lake Elementary School, recently received $1,000 as the winner of the Utah State Cabbage Growing Contest.
Lillian's cabbage weighed 50.5 pounds.
The contest was sponsored by gardening company Bonnie Plants, which introduced the cabbage growing program as a way to help third-graders learn about growing their own food, according to Bonnie Plants' website.
A $1,000 scholarship winner is named from each state.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- Doug Robinson: Looking back on a cop's career
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Man, 69, missing after his boat capsizes in...
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 23
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Man charged with killing baby in Ogden... 8
- Circleville farmers scratching their... 8