'High School Musical' star to host workshops in Salt Lake
John Bramley, ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Of all the characters from Disney's "High School Musical," who could forget Ms. Darbus, the haughty, passionate drama teacher, complete with thick glasses and a flair for the absurd?
Tony-nominated Broadway, film and TV actress Alyson Reed, who played the role of Ms. Darbus, is scheduled to present a series of theater activities for youths the week of Jan. 28 in partnership with Salt Lake Acting Company.
Reed will attend five area elementary schools to present educational assemblies. The schools are Canyon Rim Elementary, Washington Elementary, Nibley Park Elementary, Wasatch Elementary and Bennion Elementary.
The actress will also host a family presentation on Jan. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Clayton Middle School, 1470 S. 1900 East. The event costs $5 per person and will include games, improvisation, scene work, mock interviews, a question-and-answer session and photo oppoortunities.
An actor's workshop will be held for local students on Feb. 2, beginning at 11 a.m. at Salt Lake Acting Company, 168 W. 500 North. Students will learn acting techniques and exercises. The event costs $25 per person and is open to students from ages 12 to 18.
For more information, visit saltlakeactingcompany.org/outreach/alyson-reed.
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at opponents
- 11 movies to watch out for this fall
- The changing definition of 'TV': What parents...
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015
- When it comes to TV's future, Millennials...
- Miss America: More to worry about than red cup
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite abuse charge
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- NFL to look into its handling of Rice case 8
- Gamers use police hoax to lash out at... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 4
- Former NFL QB Scott Mitchell goes on... 2
- Miss New York chosen as Miss America 2015 1
- Vikings reinstate Peterson despite... 1
- When it comes to TV's future,... 1