'High School Musical' star to host workshops in Salt Lake
John Bramley, ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Of all the characters from Disney's "High School Musical," who could forget Ms. Darbus, the haughty, passionate drama teacher, complete with thick glasses and a flair for the absurd?
Tony-nominated Broadway, film and TV actress Alyson Reed, who played the role of Ms. Darbus, is scheduled to present a series of theater activities for youths the week of Jan. 28 in partnership with Salt Lake Acting Company.
Reed will attend five area elementary schools to present educational assemblies. The schools are Canyon Rim Elementary, Washington Elementary, Nibley Park Elementary, Wasatch Elementary and Bennion Elementary.
The actress will also host a family presentation on Jan. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Clayton Middle School, 1470 S. 1900 East. The event costs $5 per person and will include games, improvisation, scene work, mock interviews, a question-and-answer session and photo oppoortunities.
An actor's workshop will be held for local students on Feb. 2, beginning at 11 a.m. at Salt Lake Acting Company, 168 W. 500 North. Students will learn acting techniques and exercises. The event costs $25 per person and is open to students from ages 12 to 18.
For more information, visit saltlakeactingcompany.org/outreach/alyson-reed.
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Ron Perlman added to Salt Lake Comic Con...
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 13 ways Disney could use drones at its parks
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- 5 takeaways from a punch-less summer box office
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge is...
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 7
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Angelina Jolie, Brad Pitt wed privately... 3
- Fallon to lead honors as Leno wins top... 2
- EA Sports puts Damian Lillard on the... 2
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 2
- Miley Cyrus about VMA success: 'I'm in... 1
- 10 things to know before going to Salt... 1