'High School Musical' star to host workshops in Salt Lake
John Bramley, ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Of all the characters from Disney's "High School Musical," who could forget Ms. Darbus, the haughty, passionate drama teacher, complete with thick glasses and a flair for the absurd?
Tony-nominated Broadway, film and TV actress Alyson Reed, who played the role of Ms. Darbus, is scheduled to present a series of theater activities for youths the week of Jan. 28 in partnership with Salt Lake Acting Company.
Reed will attend five area elementary schools to present educational assemblies. The schools are Canyon Rim Elementary, Washington Elementary, Nibley Park Elementary, Wasatch Elementary and Bennion Elementary.
The actress will also host a family presentation on Jan. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Clayton Middle School, 1470 S. 1900 East. The event costs $5 per person and will include games, improvisation, scene work, mock interviews, a question-and-answer session and photo oppoortunities.
An actor's workshop will be held for local students on Feb. 2, beginning at 11 a.m. at Salt Lake Acting Company, 168 W. 500 North. Students will learn acting techniques and exercises. The event costs $25 per person and is open to students from ages 12 to 18.
For more information, visit saltlakeactingcompany.org/outreach/alyson-reed.
- These touching Christmas ads will melt any...
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- Seasonal stagings: Area theaters host holiday...
- BYUtv docudrama 'Joan of Arc' shares...
- 'Music and the Spoken Word': When Christmas...
- Salt Lake chef wins round in 'Holiday Baking...
- Coloring books offer adults something they...
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of 'Ave...
- Steve Eaton: 'Bewitched' apparitions... 8
- Defending the Faith: Reasons for... 5
- 6 things to help you cope with the end... 2
- Lexi Walker performs arrangement of... 2
- These touching Christmas ads will melt... 1
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes 1
- Surprising success: 'A Charlie Brown... 1
- Answering the question 'Dad, what's... 1