'High School Musical' star to host workshops in Salt Lake
John Bramley, ©Disney Enterprises, Inc. All rights reserved.
Of all the characters from Disney's "High School Musical," who could forget Ms. Darbus, the haughty, passionate drama teacher, complete with thick glasses and a flair for the absurd?
Tony-nominated Broadway, film and TV actress Alyson Reed, who played the role of Ms. Darbus, is scheduled to present a series of theater activities for youths the week of Jan. 28 in partnership with Salt Lake Acting Company.
Reed will attend five area elementary schools to present educational assemblies. The schools are Canyon Rim Elementary, Washington Elementary, Nibley Park Elementary, Wasatch Elementary and Bennion Elementary.
The actress will also host a family presentation on Jan. 31 at 6:30 p.m. at Clayton Middle School, 1470 S. 1900 East. The event costs $5 per person and will include games, improvisation, scene work, mock interviews, a question-and-answer session and photo oppoortunities.
An actor's workshop will be held for local students on Feb. 2, beginning at 11 a.m. at Salt Lake Acting Company, 168 W. 500 North. Students will learn acting techniques and exercises. The event costs $25 per person and is open to students from ages 12 to 18.
For more information, visit saltlakeactingcompany.org/outreach/alyson-reed.
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to Christian...
- 'The Voice' gives Tanner Linford a chance to...
- Bill Murray shines as 'St. Vincent'
- Utah families strive to raise awareness of...
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap?
- Classic films to help make your Halloween...
- Pumpkins grown at prison delivered to children
- Marvel superheroes power up 'Disney Infinity...
- 'Duck Dynasty' daughter sticks to... 16
- Old-fashioned soda shops making... 3
- San Francisco radio stations ban hit... 2
- Oh, Internet. Why you gotta be so rude?... 1
- Classic films to help make your... 1
- Foreign films lead new movies on... 1
- Horror cliches abound in tedious 'Ouija' 1
- Have 'The Simpsons' gotten a bad rap? 1