If you're scouring the Internet for a unique Valentine's Day date, look no further than Repertory Dance Theatre's fund-raiser and choreographer competition, "Charette," on Feb. 9 at 7:30 p.m. at the Rose Wagner Performing Arts Center, 138 W. Broadway.
"Charette" features a night of refreshments, bidding and choreography produced in record time. At the beginning of the evening, Repertory Dance Theatre professional dancers and gifted community dancers are then divided among choreographers and sent to one of five studios to create their work to live music.
During this time, audience members will eat, drink and wander between the party and the studios where the dances are being created. After one hour, everyone returns to the theater to watch the competition.
Tickets are $35 for individuals, $60 for couples and $75 for VIP. Tickets purchased the day of the show will cost an additional $5.
For more information, call 801-355-2787 or visit www.arttix.org.
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt Lake Valley
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- The Clean Cut: 'Dancing grandpa' throws down...
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life changing...
- James Garner was a singular talent with his...
- 'Arrow' makes Green Arrow less goofy
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip... 3
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough... 2
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: You're not in... 2
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout... 2
- Here's how violent, graphic and scary... 1
- 11 cartoon characters who buck stereotypes 1
- Sherry Young: Moving — a life... 1
- Pioneer panorama arrives in the Salt... 1