HEBER CITY — Hopeful anglers can try their hand at ice fishing during a clinic Saturday, Jan. 26, at Strawberry Reservoir.
The free event is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Adam Eakle, host of KSL-TV's “Outdoors With Adam Eakle,” has teamed with several partners, including the Division of Wildlife Resources and Strawberry Bay Marina, to organize the free event.
Volunteers will be on hand to teach ice fishing techniques, as well as drill holes in the ice for participants. There will be demonstrations throughout the day, including Joe Donnell from Utah State Parks offering instruction on rescuing someone who has fallen through the ice.
KSL employees will also be on hand cooking hot dogs, providing hot chocolate and giving out prizes.
Participants should wear waterproof boots and dress for cold weather. Scott Root of the DWR said plenty of free parking will be available at the Strawberry Bay Marina. The marina is six miles off U.S. 40 at the turnoff near the Strawberry Reservoir visitor center.
“Ice fishing is growing in popularity,” said Paul Phillips of the Strawberry Bay Marina. “There's a lot of excitement about it, especially at Strawberry Reservoir. We're thrilled to be part of this event.”
Several portable heaters will be available on the ice, and anglers will be able to warm up at the marina's restaurant and lodge, Phillips said.
For more information, visit go.usa.gov/4gWw or call the DWR at 801-491-5678.
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding' with...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed...
- Lawsuit claims State School Board violated...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Investigation into shooting death of Uintah...
- Video of school bus driver shows 'bizarre'...
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 75
- Republican, Democratic political... 48
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 28
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26
- Drunken driver goes airborne, crashes... 23
- Owens' pollster says new poll shows... 22
- Swallow, Shurtleff make first court... 22
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 20