HEBER CITY — Hopeful anglers can try their hand at ice fishing during a clinic Saturday, Jan. 26, at Strawberry Reservoir.
The free event is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Adam Eakle, host of KSL-TV's “Outdoors With Adam Eakle,” has teamed with several partners, including the Division of Wildlife Resources and Strawberry Bay Marina, to organize the free event.
Volunteers will be on hand to teach ice fishing techniques, as well as drill holes in the ice for participants. There will be demonstrations throughout the day, including Joe Donnell from Utah State Parks offering instruction on rescuing someone who has fallen through the ice.
KSL employees will also be on hand cooking hot dogs, providing hot chocolate and giving out prizes.
Participants should wear waterproof boots and dress for cold weather. Scott Root of the DWR said plenty of free parking will be available at the Strawberry Bay Marina. The marina is six miles off U.S. 40 at the turnoff near the Strawberry Reservoir visitor center.
“Ice fishing is growing in popularity,” said Paul Phillips of the Strawberry Bay Marina. “There's a lot of excitement about it, especially at Strawberry Reservoir. We're thrilled to be part of this event.”
Several portable heaters will be available on the ice, and anglers will be able to warm up at the marina's restaurant and lodge, Phillips said.
For more information, visit go.usa.gov/4gWw or call the DWR at 801-491-5678.
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on state...
- Former Attorney General John Swallow left...
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Longtime teacher, BYU instructor appointed...
- Sugar House streetcar prepares for public launch
- Federal website fixes allowing more Utahns to...
- Ogden man rings Salvation Army bell as dying...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 99
- Should parents pay extra for... 46
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 25
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 25
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18