Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Change your search engine to sites like everyclick.com or goodsearch.com. Here you can choose which charities you want your clicks to go toward as you search the Internet.
A giving app
Apps like “Give 2 Charity” allow users to earn points that are exchanged for donations to charities like Make-a-Wish Foundation, American Cancer Society, American Red Cross, Habitat for Humanity, Action Against Hunger, Sierra Club and Humane Society.
Walking, running or biking earns points for other apps like Charity Miles. Bikers earn 10 cents per mile and runners and walkers earn 25 cents per mile.
Go through closets and donate to local second-hand stores. Donation value guides can help you figure out the market value in order to claim a deduction as well.
Through Dell’s Reconnect program, any brand of any computer equipment can be given. Proceeds go to Goodwill. See how this works at www.dellreconnect.com.
Some sites give a percent of your purchase or cash rewards earned to a charity. GoodShop.com, boxtops4education.com and extrabux.com offer various retailers that will donate as you shop online.
It’s free and it isn’t a long-time commitment.
Look at local charities to see what requirements they have. Volunteer agencies can help match you with your skills and experience.
GoodDining donates 6 percent of a restaurant bill to the charity of your choice. There are 10,000 restaurants in U.S. and Canada that are included in the program. However, you do have to register your credit or debit card and use that same card when you dine out.
Give eBay profits
After selling items on eBay, you can choose to donate some profits to a charity.
This involves getting sponsors to take part in a event, whether big like Race for Life or smaller events designed by yourself for smaller charities.
- 25 cities that are winning at education
- 4 warning signs your teen is destined for bad...
- 5 reasons your most talented employees will...
- Child grooms of Nepal are married off as...
- Profiting as a Super Bowl host city...
- Markets brace for Big Oil profit plunge
- How can Google snap its stock out of its stupor?
- Tess Frame: Five reasons you’re still...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax... 62
- Most K-12 students are now low income 10
- After setting iPhone record, what does... 5
- Want to save money in 2015?... 4
- US consumer confidence jumps to 7... 3
- Obama to seek to bust spending limits... 3
- 5 reasons your most talented employees... 3
- Want a one-of-a-kind name for your... 2