BYU swimming: Fletcher and Grant named MPSF athletes of the week
PROVO, Utah – Junior Jordan Fletcher and sophomore Andrea Grant were named MPSF male and female athletes of the week after their performances against Arizona State last weekend, the MPSF conference announced this week.
Fletcher won the 50 free with a time of 20.77 and placed second in the 100 fly with a time of 50.06. Grant swam the 100 free in 52.25 and the 50 free in 24.26. This is the second time Grant has won the award this season, and this is Fletcher’s first time being honored.
"It's great that both the male and female athletes of the week are from our team," head coach John Brooks said. "Jordan has been working hard all season and is deserving of the award. Andrea has really been swimming well the past couple of weeks and is really starting to hit her groove."
Grant is in action tonight as the women host Oregon State at 5 p.m. MST at the Richards Building Pool and will join Fletcher on Saturday as both teams host the University of Denver at 1 p.m. MST at the Richards Building Pool.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions relating to swimming.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19