BYU swimming: Fletcher and Grant named MPSF athletes of the week
PROVO, Utah – Junior Jordan Fletcher and sophomore Andrea Grant were named MPSF male and female athletes of the week after their performances against Arizona State last weekend, the MPSF conference announced this week.
Fletcher won the 50 free with a time of 20.77 and placed second in the 100 fly with a time of 50.06. Grant swam the 100 free in 52.25 and the 50 free in 24.26. This is the second time Grant has won the award this season, and this is Fletcher’s first time being honored.
"It's great that both the male and female athletes of the week are from our team," head coach John Brooks said. "Jordan has been working hard all season and is deserving of the award. Andrea has really been swimming well the past couple of weeks and is really starting to hit her groove."
Grant is in action tonight as the women host Oregon State at 5 p.m. MST at the Richards Building Pool and will join Fletcher on Saturday as both teams host the University of Denver at 1 p.m. MST at the Richards Building Pool.
Jared Houghton is a Sports Information Director who works in the BYU Athletic Communications with the men's and women's swimming teams. He can be reached at email@example.com for questions relating to swimming.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28