PROVO, Utah – The No. 13 men's track and field team heads to Albuquerque, N.M., this weekend for the annual Cherry & Silver Invitational. The University of New Mexico will host the event.
"It'll be a good test for us," head coach Mark Robison said. "What we hope for each week is to have a marked improvement. Our expectations are that we will be better than we were this last week. We want to move up a little bit on the rankings list and compete better."
BYU will face some good competition at the meet, including No. 15 Stanford, Colorado State and California. The invitational will be the first meet away from Provo for several of BYU's freshman.
"We've got a lot of young guys and kids coming off missions that haven't done a lot in college," Robison said. "The meet we had last week was kind of an intermediate step for them. With this trip they'll have lots of good competition and it'll be a better test for us."
Among the Cougars to watch will be Fan Fan Charles and Braydon Bringhurst. In last week's BYU Invitational, Charles finished the 60-meter dash with a personal-best time of 6.75 seconds, grabbing second place. Bringhurst took the top place in the pole vault, clearing 17-00.75, and should challenge again this week for first place.
The men's events start Friday at 4 p.m. MST with the pole vault. More information about event times can be found at the event schedule page. Visit liverunningresults.com during the meet for live results.
Mason Porter is a Sports Information Director for BYU Athletic Communications. Contact him at email@example.com.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14