It’s the middle of winter here in North America — the time for snow and freezing temperatures, the time when nothing grows in the garden. At least that’s what most of us have come to think, but you might be surprised to know just how much you can grow all winter long. In fact, the skills of winter gardening were common knowledge and even common practice up until just 50 or so years ago.
This week we’ll talk to an expert on winter gardening — a man who manages to feed his entire family from his garden all winter long. In this interview you’ll learn how a winter garden works, how self-sufficiency trumps preparedness, plus you’ll also learn a simple secret to always having a garden no matter where you live.
That's this week on the Cricket and Seagull. Click here to give a listen.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- New Mormon Message video highlights how much...
- Tragedy can reveal 'the very gold of truth'
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- The faith of a father, written in an old journal
- Can Israeli farmers plant 70k trees, reap...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Hamblin & Peterson: Biblical names for Lord...
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 66
- New Mormon Message video highlights how... 20
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs... 19
- New DVD tells story of David... 13
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- Church leaders can learn from NFL... 7
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary... 7
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5