It’s the middle of winter here in North America — the time for snow and freezing temperatures, the time when nothing grows in the garden. At least that’s what most of us have come to think, but you might be surprised to know just how much you can grow all winter long. In fact, the skills of winter gardening were common knowledge and even common practice up until just 50 or so years ago.
This week we’ll talk to an expert on winter gardening — a man who manages to feed his entire family from his garden all winter long. In this interview you’ll learn how a winter garden works, how self-sufficiency trumps preparedness, plus you’ll also learn a simple secret to always having a garden no matter where you live.
That's this week on the Cricket and Seagull. Click here to give a listen.
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- LDS couple with triplets expecting twins:...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Dating coaches address LDS singles' concerns
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and Covenants...
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a dozen
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 41
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 28
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 21
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 19
- Churches proceed carefully when... 16
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 16