It’s the middle of winter here in North America — the time for snow and freezing temperatures, the time when nothing grows in the garden. At least that’s what most of us have come to think, but you might be surprised to know just how much you can grow all winter long. In fact, the skills of winter gardening were common knowledge and even common practice up until just 50 or so years ago.
This week we’ll talk to an expert on winter gardening — a man who manages to feed his entire family from his garden all winter long. In this interview you’ll learn how a winter garden works, how self-sufficiency trumps preparedness, plus you’ll also learn a simple secret to always having a garden no matter where you live.
That's this week on the Cricket and Seagull. Click here to give a listen.
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- Elder Oaks gives special Thanksgiving...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 5
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's... 1