It’s the middle of winter here in North America — the time for snow and freezing temperatures, the time when nothing grows in the garden. At least that’s what most of us have come to think, but you might be surprised to know just how much you can grow all winter long. In fact, the skills of winter gardening were common knowledge and even common practice up until just 50 or so years ago.
This week we’ll talk to an expert on winter gardening — a man who manages to feed his entire family from his garden all winter long. In this interview you’ll learn how a winter garden works, how self-sufficiency trumps preparedness, plus you’ll also learn a simple secret to always having a garden no matter where you live.
That's this week on the Cricket and Seagull. Click here to give a listen.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 21
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5