Ogden teacher charged with sexually abusing teen boys
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher was charged Thursday with sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was charged with 11 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of sodomy on a child, all first-degree felonies, in 2nd District Court. Though McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West, police said the alleged victims are relatives and were not students at the school.
The abuse occurred multiple times within the past six months, according to investigators.
McMurray also appeared in court Thursday, where an attorney was appointed for him and his bail was set for $240,000. Judge Michael Lyon also ordered McMurray to have no contact with the victims or their families.
Another hearing has been set for Wednesday, at which time McMurray will determine whether he wants a hearing on the evidence against him.
An Ogden School District spokeswoman said the district learned of McMurray's arrest Tuesday and immediately placed him on administrative leave. McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years.
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to same-sex...
- About Utah: For 95-year-old, the secret to...
- Third person arrested in Carbon County...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Utah families share tragic stories of teens...
- Rock climber falls to his death at Zion...
- Educators at UEA convention told to... 40
- Federal government extends same-sex... 31
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 23
- Mia Love included in a new ad... 21
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 20
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 18
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15