Ogden teacher charged with sexually abusing teen boys
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher was charged Thursday with sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was charged with 11 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of sodomy on a child, all first-degree felonies, in 2nd District Court. Though McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West, police said the alleged victims are relatives and were not students at the school.
The abuse occurred multiple times within the past six months, according to investigators.
McMurray also appeared in court Thursday, where an attorney was appointed for him and his bail was set for $240,000. Judge Michael Lyon also ordered McMurray to have no contact with the victims or their families.
Another hearing has been set for Wednesday, at which time McMurray will determine whether he wants a hearing on the evidence against him.
An Ogden School District spokeswoman said the district learned of McMurray's arrest Tuesday and immediately placed him on administrative leave. McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- UDOT resurfacing 12300 South in Draper
- Mount Timpanogos trail temporarily closing...
- Blue Moon Festival is Aug. 6 in Holladay
- Orem police invest in new armor to protect...
- Dixie State board of trustees elects new...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 75
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 25
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 13