Ogden teacher charged with sexually abusing teen boys
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher was charged Thursday with sexually abusing two 13-year-old boys.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was charged with 11 counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a child and three counts of sodomy on a child, all first-degree felonies, in 2nd District Court. Though McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West, police said the alleged victims are relatives and were not students at the school.
The abuse occurred multiple times within the past six months, according to investigators.
McMurray also appeared in court Thursday, where an attorney was appointed for him and his bail was set for $240,000. Judge Michael Lyon also ordered McMurray to have no contact with the victims or their families.
Another hearing has been set for Wednesday, at which time McMurray will determine whether he wants a hearing on the evidence against him.
An Ogden School District spokeswoman said the district learned of McMurray's arrest Tuesday and immediately placed him on administrative leave. McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years.
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah in top 10 for visitor spending at...
- Poll: LDS Church influence over... 60
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 59
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 49
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Tickets sell out for 'Book of Mormon'... 16