BYU tennis: women's team hosts home opener against Weber State
PROVO, Utah — The BYU women’s tennis team hosts the Weber State Wildcats for its first home match of the 2013 season Saturday at noon at the Indoor Tennis Courts.
“The girls are really excited to start the season off,” head coach Lauren Jones-Spencer said. “They all have a really positive attitude entering this match.”
The Cougars have won seven of its last nine home openers. They won eight matches in 2012, their first year as a member of the West Coast Conference.
BYU is 12-0 against in-state opponent Weber State. The last time the two teams competed was in 2005 when BYU won 7-0.
Junior Desiree Tran is ranked No. 17 in the region in singles play entering Saturday’s match against the Wildcats.
Admission is free and spectators may park in the “Y Lot” parking lots to the northwest and southwest of the courts.
Aaron Sorenson is the tennis sports information director at BYU.
- LDS faith helps keep things in perspective...
- The 16 most interesting college lists...
- 2015 BYU Commits
- Best in class: Breaking down the recruiting...
- With Kyle Collinsworth out, BYU rebounds and...
- BYU guard Tyler Haws passes Danny Ainge for...
- Local football programs close to wrapping up...
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain Covey's...
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 84
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 36
- Red and blue recruits: Inside Britain... 25
- Peavler: BYU's recent basketball... 19
- Morning links: Austin Collie denies... 19
- BYU holds on for 78-74 win over San... 17
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by... 16