USU gymnastics: Aggies continue road swing at Boise State on Friday
Utah State gymnastics is back on the road this week, heading to Boise, Idaho, to take on the Broncos of Boise State on Friday, Jan. 18 at 7 p.m.
After a tough season-opening loss at BYU last week, the Aggies are looking to bounce back and have a successful meet. Two gymnasts, Amelia Montoya and Susie Miller, who did not compete last week due to injury, are expected to be back in Friday's lineup.
Boise State spent the 2012 season as an independent team but has returned to the Western Athletic Conference for 2013. While Friday's action is just a dual meet between the two schools, it will not be counted as a conference competition.
In the Gym Info/Troester Preason Rankings, Boise State was listed at No. 15. The national rankings are solely based on average scores, so with this week being the Broncos' first week of competition, they are not included on this week's list.
Utah State opened its season last week at in-state rival BYU, falling 189.425 to the Cougar's 194.075. Junior Paige Jones finished tied for first on vault with a 9.750, as well as tying for second on floor with a 9.775. Sophomore Sarah Landes finished third on bars with a 9.800. In all-around competition, Jones took second-place with a total of 38.800, while Landes was in third with a 38.650.
Live results of Saturday's meet will be available by clicking on the "Live Stats" link on the USU website. Fans can also watch a live video stream of the meet for a small fee through the "Watch Live" link. The links will redirect to Boise State's site and will only work after the start of the meet.
Next weekend, the Aggies return home to the Dee Glen Smith Spectrum for the first of four home meets this season. Utah State will host WAC rival Southern Utah University, as well as Hamline University — a Division-III school from St. Paul, Minn.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- BYU volleyball: Cougars upset No. 1 Hawai'i...
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Gymnastics: Utes end two-year drought,...
- Utah football: Dominique Hatfield making a...
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected in CBS...
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Utah football: Dres Anderson shines in... 58
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 25
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Video: Utah football coaches revved up... 16