USU tennis: Aggie women's tennis opens spring season at home against Idaho State on Friday
Utah State women's tennis is scheduled to start its spring season Friday, Jan. 18, with a home match against Idaho State. Play is set to begin at 12 p.m. at the Sports Academy and Racket Club in Logan. After a very successful fall season, the Aggies are looking forward to spring.
Utah State will be led by returning players senior Jaci West and sophomore McKenzie Davis. In the fall season, Davis brought home the singles title at the Jack Taylor Classic, as well as the doubles title with partner West. The Aggies have three more returning players, seniors Julie Tukuafu and Kristina Voytsekhovich, and sophomore Hillary Hays, as well as three new freshmen — Kallie Sperry, twins Amber Stuhlmann and Ashley Stuhlmann.
USU is next set to travel to Provo on Saturday, Jan. 26, to compete against in state rival BYU. The Aggies next home match will take place February 8 at 12 p.m., when they take on Portland State.
Doug Hoffman is the assistant athletic director for Utah State University Athletic Media Relations.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 80
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 40
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34