PROVO — Doug Witney has been named chairman of the Utah County Commission for 2013. Gary Anderson has been elected vice chairman.
Witney is serving his first term on the commission, having assumed office in January 2011. Prior to his election, he worked in the Utah County Attorney's Office and the Utah County Sheriff's Office before retiring in 2008.
Witney graduated from Springville High School and attended Utah State University before being drafted into military service. He served in the Vietnam War.
Anderson is also from Springville and prior to his election was in private law practice. In 2006, he was elected to the commission and is now beginning the third year of his second term.
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on statute...
- High school student found dead near Draper...
- 14 things you didn't know about dreams
- Ex-teacher who abused students asks judge not...
- Teen injured in Memorial Day crash dies
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away drought
- Vernal man accused of beating puppy with a bat
- We're not in Utah anymore — photos of...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 44
- Utahns cheer, jeer appeals court's... 42
- 5 Browns sisters to promote bill on... 39
- Utah Attorney General's office moves to... 25
- Heavy rains in Utah fail to wash away... 24
- Grantsville residents tell Prison... 23
- Parents of teen who died in overdose... 17
- Salt Lake City leaders announce... 15