PROVO — Doug Witney has been named chairman of the Utah County Commission for 2013. Gary Anderson has been elected vice chairman.
Witney is serving his first term on the commission, having assumed office in January 2011. Prior to his election, he worked in the Utah County Attorney's Office and the Utah County Sheriff's Office before retiring in 2008.
Witney graduated from Springville High School and attended Utah State University before being drafted into military service. He served in the Vietnam War.
Anderson is also from Springville and prior to his election was in private law practice. In 2006, he was elected to the commission and is now beginning the third year of his second term.
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Man stole ring, woman swallowed it, police say
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- World-renowned rock art in Utah is younger...
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Attorney general deciding whether to... 41
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 31
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 10
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10