PROVO — Doug Witney has been named chairman of the Utah County Commission for 2013. Gary Anderson has been elected vice chairman.
Witney is serving his first term on the commission, having assumed office in January 2011. Prior to his election, he worked in the Utah County Attorney's Office and the Utah County Sheriff's Office before retiring in 2008.
Witney graduated from Springville High School and attended Utah State University before being drafted into military service. He served in the Vietnam War.
Anderson is also from Springville and prior to his election was in private law practice. In 2006, he was elected to the commission and is now beginning the third year of his second term.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19