PROVO — Doug Witney has been named chairman of the Utah County Commission for 2013. Gary Anderson has been elected vice chairman.
Witney is serving his first term on the commission, having assumed office in January 2011. Prior to his election, he worked in the Utah County Attorney's Office and the Utah County Sheriff's Office before retiring in 2008.
Witney graduated from Springville High School and attended Utah State University before being drafted into military service. He served in the Vietnam War.
Anderson is also from Springville and prior to his election was in private law practice. In 2006, he was elected to the commission and is now beginning the third year of his second term.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Community rallies for Kamas family after...
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 80
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 30
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 18
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 15
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed... 13