PROVO — Doug Witney has been named chairman of the Utah County Commission for 2013. Gary Anderson has been elected vice chairman.
Witney is serving his first term on the commission, having assumed office in January 2011. Prior to his election, he worked in the Utah County Attorney's Office and the Utah County Sheriff's Office before retiring in 2008.
Witney graduated from Springville High School and attended Utah State University before being drafted into military service. He served in the Vietnam War.
Anderson is also from Springville and prior to his election was in private law practice. In 2006, he was elected to the commission and is now beginning the third year of his second term.
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17