SALT LAKE CITY — The 1st District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Clint S. Judkins effective Feb. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Shannon R. Demler, attorney, Law Office of Shannon R. Demler; Angela Fonnesbeck, attorney at law; Stephen Hadfield, county attorney, Box Elder County; Kymber Housley, city attorney, Logan; and Jamie “James” Swink, Cache County attorney.
The commission seeks public input on the nominees. Written comments can be submitted to First District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jeff Packer at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Jan. 23. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 1st Judicial District includes Box Elder, Cache and Rich counties.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 63
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 46
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 21
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 10
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9