SALT LAKE CITY — The 1st District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Clint S. Judkins effective Feb. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Shannon R. Demler, attorney, Law Office of Shannon R. Demler; Angela Fonnesbeck, attorney at law; Stephen Hadfield, county attorney, Box Elder County; Kymber Housley, city attorney, Logan; and Jamie “James” Swink, Cache County attorney.
The commission seeks public input on the nominees. Written comments can be submitted to First District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jeff Packer at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Jan. 23. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 1st Judicial District includes Box Elder, Cache and Rich counties.
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over, West...
- S.L. draws up airport plans
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah Scout...
- Couples registry gets preliminary nod from...
- Warrants issued for 3 suspects in beating...
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet, passes away
- 'Mantiques' could be a ticket to more cash
- Father vows to keep looking for Susan Cox Powell
- Frances Monson, wife of LDS prophet,... 66
- Mia Love announces she's officially... 42
- GOP delegates reject changes to... 31
- S.L. draws up airport plans 30
- XanGo co-founder accuses partners of... 23
- Search for Susan Cox Powell is over,... 20
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 19
- Gov. Gary Herbert tells Washington... 14