SALT LAKE CITY — The 1st District Judicial Nominating Commission has selected nominees for a vacancy on the district court. The vacancy results from the retirement of Judge Clint S. Judkins effective Feb. 1.
The nominees for the vacancy are: Shannon R. Demler, attorney, Law Office of Shannon R. Demler; Angela Fonnesbeck, attorney at law; Stephen Hadfield, county attorney, Box Elder County; Kymber Housley, city attorney, Logan; and Jamie “James” Swink, Cache County attorney.
The commission seeks public input on the nominees. Written comments can be submitted to First District Judicial Nominating Commission Chairman Jeff Packer at Commission on Criminal and Juvenile Justice, P.O. Box 142330, Salt Lake City, UT 84114-2330.
The deadline for written comments is 5 p.m. on Jan. 23. After the public comment period, the names will be sent to Gov. Gary Herbert, who will have 30 days to make an appointment. Herbert’s appointee is subject to confirmation by the Utah Senate.
The 1st Judicial District includes Box Elder, Cache and Rich counties.
- Living on the edge: North Salt Lake residents...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking in Orem
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps of...
- Women innovators leading by example
- Pleasant Grove homeowner shoot, kills man in...
- Who should pay? City, developer, residents at...
- Report highlights earth-shattering increases...
- Lutheran, LDS leaders forge common ground...
- One man dead after attempted carjacking... 32
- Herbert, legislative leaders starting... 29
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Poll: Majority of Salt Lake City... 15
- Governor, legislators leave 'baggage'... 13
- Jury convicts San Juan County... 11
- Attorney: Woman on trial in deputy's... 10
- LDS artist J. Kirk Richards says leaps... 9