SALT LAKE CITY — Next month, the University of Utah will debut a project management training program. The new program targets both seasoned managers and those looking to shift careers.
“Project management presents a unique career opportunity,” said Anne O’Brien, director of Professional Education at the U. “It’s one of a few professions where you don’t need a graduate degree, but can still readily earn six figures. Plus, these skills are becoming essential in almost every industry, so project managers can easily switch industries and avoid job losses.”
“Project management is one of the fastest growing professions in the world, and as such, certified project managers are some of the most sought after professionals in the world,” said Shelley Gabriel, education outreach manager for Professional Education at the U.
The new program will include six certificates, including an all-online Applied Project Management Certificate, which is designed to be completed by working professionals in just a few months.
“It’s a time in the profession when just a little bit of training goes a long way,” said O’Brien.
Professional Education at the U. will offer more than 50 classes and six certificates beginning in February. To register or for more information, visit proed.utah.edu/project or call 801-585-1780.
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing you...
- WestJet airline video goes viral as Santa...
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies, alliances
- University of Utah Health Care's AirMed puts...
- The American Dream is still alive for 20...
- Companies make CEO changes in U.S. and Canada
- Once controversial downtown property finally...
- Randy Shumway: Why so early? Holiday spending...
- The American Dream is still alive for... 10
- System failure to blame for delayed... 9
- Leavitt stresses importance of allies,... 7
- Cedar Hills to require business... 5
- Better than a raise: The smallest thing... 5
- Healthy jobs report a good sign for... 2
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K... 1
- Barnes & Noble shares fall on SEC probe 1