SALT LAKE CITY — Next month, the University of Utah will debut a project management training program. The new program targets both seasoned managers and those looking to shift careers.
“Project management presents a unique career opportunity,” said Anne O’Brien, director of Professional Education at the U. “It’s one of a few professions where you don’t need a graduate degree, but can still readily earn six figures. Plus, these skills are becoming essential in almost every industry, so project managers can easily switch industries and avoid job losses.”
“Project management is one of the fastest growing professions in the world, and as such, certified project managers are some of the most sought after professionals in the world,” said Shelley Gabriel, education outreach manager for Professional Education at the U.
The new program will include six certificates, including an all-online Applied Project Management Certificate, which is designed to be completed by working professionals in just a few months.
“It’s a time in the profession when just a little bit of training goes a long way,” said O’Brien.
Professional Education at the U. will offer more than 50 classes and six certificates beginning in February. To register or for more information, visit proed.utah.edu/project or call 801-585-1780.
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own paths...
- Day of Dignity a compassionate gift from...
- How innovators think, and what they do about it
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to national park...
- How technology can help and hurt the mental...
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump: You're fired!
- Libraries changing roles, focus as attendance...
- Are you as connected as Kevin Bacon and does...
- Women leaders in Utah forging their own... 17
- VW executive apologizes but says... 7
- Condo owners in Panama tell Trump:... 5
- Salt Lake police receive $1.8 million... 5
- Jobs, gov't distrust central to... 4
- Tourism brings more than $1 billion in... 4
- Libraries changing roles, focus as... 4
- S.L. mayoral candidates tangle over... 3