SALT LAKE CITY — Next month, the University of Utah will debut a project management training program. The new program targets both seasoned managers and those looking to shift careers.
“Project management presents a unique career opportunity,” said Anne O’Brien, director of Professional Education at the U. “It’s one of a few professions where you don’t need a graduate degree, but can still readily earn six figures. Plus, these skills are becoming essential in almost every industry, so project managers can easily switch industries and avoid job losses.”
“Project management is one of the fastest growing professions in the world, and as such, certified project managers are some of the most sought after professionals in the world,” said Shelley Gabriel, education outreach manager for Professional Education at the U.
The new program will include six certificates, including an all-online Applied Project Management Certificate, which is designed to be completed by working professionals in just a few months.
“It’s a time in the profession when just a little bit of training goes a long way,” said O’Brien.
Professional Education at the U. will offer more than 50 classes and six certificates beginning in February. To register or for more information, visit proed.utah.edu/project or call 801-585-1780.
- Utah among states with greatest urban sprawl
- Balancing act: List of top work-from-home...
- Dave Ramsey says: Being debt-free beats...
- Grieving borrowers told to repay student loan
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering...
- University of Utah launches community solar...
- How much did President Obama donate to his...
- Delete, avoid and hang up when it comes to...
- How much did President Obama donate to... 51
- Utah among states with greatest urban... 44
- Obamacare may not be as expensive as we... 29
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem... 17
- University of Utah launches community... 13
- Grieving borrowers told to repay... 9
- Harry Potter fans: Hogwarts is offering... 8
- Sierra Club labels Utah oil shale, tar... 5