BYU men's basketball: BYU students turn out in full force to watch what turns out to be a crushing defeat
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
PROVO — A group of rabid BYU students camped out in tents this week, braving frigid conditions in anticipation of Wednesday's late game between the Cougars and Saint Mary's.
As usual, the student section, also known as the "ROC" (Roar of Cougars), made its presence felt at the Marriott Center. Students were clad in white T-shirts in honor Wednesday's "whiteout."
Unfortunately for the Cougars, the student section went home disappointed as the Gaels defeated BYU, 70-69. Saint Mary's guard Matthew Dellavedova drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
"When this place is full, it's as tough to play as anywhere in the country," BYU guard Tyler Haws said prior to the game. "It gets really loud. Our fans are awesome. So I definitely believe it's one of the top places to play, for sure."
"We have the greatest fans in the world. They're like that for every game. They're always supporting us," said Cougar forward Brandon Davies. "We always see them in their tents, out there freezing. We're complaining just walking to class and they're out there sleeping in it. We have nothing but love for our fans."
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 34
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 28
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16