BYU men's basketball: BYU students turn out in full force to watch what turns out to be a crushing defeat
Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
As usual, the student section, also known as the "ROC" (Roar of Cougars), made its presence felt at the Marriott Center. Students were clad in white T-shirts in honor Wednesday's "whiteout."
Unfortunately for the Cougars, the student section went home disappointed as the Gaels defeated BYU, 70-69. Saint Mary's guard Matthew Dellavedova drained a 3-pointer at the buzzer.
"When this place is full, it's as tough to play as anywhere in the country," BYU guard Tyler Haws said prior to the game. "It gets really loud. Our fans are awesome. So I definitely believe it's one of the top places to play, for sure."
"We have the greatest fans in the world. They're like that for every game. They're always supporting us," said Cougar forward Brandon Davies. "We always see them in their tents, out there freezing. We're complaining just walking to class and they're out there sleeping in it. We have nothing but love for our fans."
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32