UHSAA rules changes in wake of ineligible player rulings last fall another step closer to reality
In addition to making recommendations to the Board of Trustees regarding changes to the UHSAA's constitution, the Executive Committee handed out its annual awards Wednesday. Those honored were:
Joel Sato, Bingham baseball, 5A Coach of the Year; Kim Nelson, Timpanogos baseball and boys golf, 4A Coach of the Year; Dan Lunt, Payson basketball, 3A Coach of the Year; Jared Anderson, Gunnison baseball, 2A Coach of the Year; Ashley Brown, Rich basketball and football, 1A Coach of the Year; Kim Peterson, Box Elder High, Athletic Director of the Year; Teresa Turner, Female Official of the Year; Marck Sackett, Male Official of the Year; Lois Johnson, Lone Peak, Music Educator of the year; Lois Faber, EskDale, Music Educator of the Year; Gail Scoville, Carbon High, Speech Educator of the Year; Joshua Long, Hillcrest High, Theater Educator of the Year; Rick Bojak, Distinguished Contributor; Randy Brown, Distinguished Contributor; and Gary McKee, Distinguished Contributor.
MOVING HALL OF FAME GAMES
The UIAAA asked Wednesday if the Utah Hall of Fame basketball games that feature the state champions from different classifications could be played at the end of season, rather than at the beginning. The Executive Committee agreed to seek input from member schools about whether or not to make an exception for the games, just as it did for an all-star wrestling tournament that will take place after state champions have been crowned. The games raise money for five $1,000 scholarships awarded by the UIAAA each year.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22