BYU men's basketball: Cougars lead Saint Marys at halftime, 34-27
BYU jumped out to an early 16-point lead on fellow WCC opponent Saint Mary's on Wednesday night.
Behind the shooting of Steven Holt, the Gaels came back and cut the lead to 34-27 before the end of the first half, however. Holt finished the half with 10 points and four rebounds.
BYU guard Matt Carlino came out firing for the Cougars, tallying 12 points and four rebounds.
The Gaels outrebounded BYU 19-13 in the opening period, but also had eight turnovers compared to the Cougars' four.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 108
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 22
- Guard Elijah Bryant announces he is... 21