BYU men's basketball: Cougars lead Saint Marys at halftime, 34-27
BYU jumped out to an early 16-point lead on fellow WCC opponent Saint Mary's on Wednesday night.
Behind the shooting of Steven Holt, the Gaels came back and cut the lead to 34-27 before the end of the first half, however. Holt finished the half with 10 points and four rebounds.
BYU guard Matt Carlino came out firing for the Cougars, tallying 12 points and four rebounds.
The Gaels outrebounded BYU 19-13 in the opening period, but also had eight turnovers compared to the Cougars' four.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Jazz empathetic for fired Kings coach, happy...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25