Utah Utes basketball: Utes drop another Pac-12 contest, lose to Washington State
Despite getting 35 points from their bench, the Runnin' Utes fell to Washington State in Pullman, Wash., 75-65 on Wednesday.
Utah put together a solid offensive game, shooting 46 percent from the field and 47 percent from beyond the arc.
Turnovers ultimately were the difference. Utes committed 17 miscues in the game. The giveaways led to 28 points for Washington State. The Cougars, meanwhile, committed 12 turnovers resulting in only 11 points for Utah.
Guard Justin Seymour came on strong in the second half for the Utes, finishing with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Washington State's leading man was senior guard Mike Ladd, who finished with a game-high 22 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- High school boys basketball: Viewmont's...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 79
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28