Utah Utes basketball: Utes drop another Pac-12 contest, lose to Washington State
Despite getting 35 points from their bench, the Runnin' Utes fell to Washington State in Pullman, Wash., 75-65 on Wednesday.
Utah put together a solid offensive game, shooting 46 percent from the field and 47 percent from beyond the arc.
Turnovers ultimately were the difference. Utes committed 17 miscues in the game. The giveaways led to 28 points for Washington State. The Cougars, meanwhile, committed 12 turnovers resulting in only 11 points for Utah.
Guard Justin Seymour came on strong in the second half for the Utes, finishing with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Washington State's leading man was senior guard Mike Ladd, who finished with a game-high 22 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Utah Jazz: A look at each player's contract...
- Dick Harmon: The Mangum brothers are a...
- Salt Lake marathon is first win for Lehi...
- Utah's second spring scrimmage is 'a dead heat'
- Utah gymnastics: Red Rocks finish second to...
- Optimism abounds for the Utah Jazz's future
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- BYU rugby cruises past Central Washington,...
- Former BYU star Ena fitting in well at... 76
- Morning links: Krystkowiak shares his... 32
- Rose still has lofty goals for BYU's... 30
- Dick Harmon: Careers of Aaron... 26
- Mountain West Conference announces... 22
- Morning links: Booker ends the year... 17
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches 15
- 3 Utes, 1 Aggie and 1 Cougar selected... 14