Utah Utes basketball: Utes drop another Pac-12 contest, lose to Washington State
Despite getting 35 points from their bench, the Runnin' Utes fell to Washington State in Pullman, Wash., 75-65 on Wednesday.
Utah put together a solid offensive game, shooting 46 percent from the field and 47 percent from beyond the arc.
Turnovers ultimately were the difference. Utes committed 17 miscues in the game. The giveaways led to 28 points for Washington State. The Cougars, meanwhile, committed 12 turnovers resulting in only 11 points for Utah.
Guard Justin Seymour came on strong in the second half for the Utes, finishing with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Washington State's leading man was senior guard Mike Ladd, who finished with a game-high 22 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Messi's retirement from Argentina could hurt...
- Most common names of NBA players this season
- Injured Lochte plows ahead in 200 free at US...
- Djokovic beat James Ward to open bid for 5th...
- Durant, Anthony lead US Olympic basketball team
- Hodgson leaves job on humiliating night for...
- Lindros' wait over as he headlines Hockey...
- Pat Summitt, winningest coach in D1 history,...
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 79
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 66
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 51
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- 10 takeaways from BYU football media day 30
- Who will be BYU's starting quarterback?... 24
- Utah football: Williams, McCormick... 22