Utah Utes basketball: Utes drop another Pac-12 contest, lose to Washington State
Despite getting 35 points from their bench, the Runnin' Utes fell to Washington State in Pullman, Wash., 75-65 on Wednesday.
Utah put together a solid offensive game, shooting 46 percent from the field and 47 percent from beyond the arc.
Turnovers ultimately were the difference. Utes committed 17 miscues in the game. The giveaways led to 28 points for Washington State. The Cougars, meanwhile, committed 12 turnovers resulting in only 11 points for Utah.
Guard Justin Seymour came on strong in the second half for the Utes, finishing with 11 points, five rebounds and five assists.
Washington State's leading man was senior guard Mike Ladd, who finished with a game-high 22 points.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- High school football: Hunter Wolverines 2015...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 111
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 27
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 21
- Morning links: Devontae Booker to be... 20