Jason Olson, Deseret News
For Dave Rose, memorable victories and unforgettable seasons have been in abundance since he took over as the BYU men's basketball coach prior to the 2005-06 season.
He'll get his first crack at another accolade-worthy win Wednesday night when the Cougars host St. Mary's, with Rose one victory away from his 200th at BYU.
In Rose's tenure so far, the Cougars have won 20 or more games every season. Twice, BYU set a record for wins in a season, with the current mark now sitting at 32. The Cougars have made six straight NCAA Tournament appearances, and are in the hunt to make a seventh this season.
Heading into this year, Rose sat at fourth among active coaches in career winning percentage, behind only three men — North Carolina's Roy Williams, Gonzaga's Mark Few (a fellow West Coast Conference coach) and Kentucky's John Calipari — and ahead of a host of others, impressively including coaches like Duke's Mike Krzyzewski and Ohio State's Thad Matta.
In Rose's first 199 victories at BYU, there have been plenty of highlights. They include a run to the Sweet 16, a victory over then-No. 6 Louisville, setting the mark for the biggest comeback in an NCAA Tournament game, and establishing a new record for consecutive Cougar victories at the Marriott Center.
Simply put, Rose is a winner. And with one more victory, he will reach another milestone.
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- 11-year-old Salt Lake native once again...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 45