Mark DiOrio, Deseret News
BOUNTIFUL — In a move similar to one made last year in Centerville, two Bountiful grocery stores will be consolidating.
Dick’s Market and Fresh Market will consolidate into one store at 2280 S. Orchard Drive in Bountiful. To accommodate the changes, Dick’s Market will immediately begin a renovation of its current building.
The Fresh Market on 535 S. 200 West is scheduled to close its doors on Feb. 9. Dick’s Market will remain open during the remodel, which is expected to be completed in the spring.
Most of the team members from Fresh Market and Dick’s Market will retain their employment, but there may be a minimal reduction as a result of the consolidation, said Jason Sokol, Associated Food Stores marketing director. Currently, Dick’s Market has about 100 employees, while Fresh Market has nearly 50 workers. He said as many as five people may lose employment as a result of the consolidation.
“We’re able to bring two good teams together,” he said. “We’ll be providing a much better experience for the community.”
Last summer, Associated Food Stores made a similar move when it shut down its Dick's Market store on Pages Lane store in Centerville and consolidated with a Fresh Market store in Centerville. That store at 84 W. Parrish Lane was remodeled and is operating under the Dick's Market name.
Dick’s Market belongs to Associated Retail Operations, a group of corporate stores owned by Associated Food Stores headquartered in Salt Lake City. The corporate stores in Utah operate under five different banners and formats, including Macey’s, Fresh Market, Dan’s, Lin’s and Dick’s Market.
“We will be able to combine the best elements from Fresh Market with the exemplary offerings of Dick’s Market,” said Troy Thomas, vice president of Associated Retail Operations. “The combination of Fresh Market and our remodel at Dick’s Market will make our grocery store one of the finest in Davis County.”
Associated Foods employs about 4,500 store people under its corporate owned store brands. In addition, the company has approximately 1,300 employees at its corporate office and Farr West warehouse.
The company also operates stores in seven other western states including Arizona, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon and Wyoming.
“We have always supported our community in Bountiful and will continue to do so,” said Dave Rice, senior vice president of AFS Retail Operations. “We hope the community will also support us in this move as they will be able to enjoy the incredible food, atmosphere and service they have always expected at Fresh Market and will continue to experience at Dick’s Market.”
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Small town residents: Chevron pizza 'scandal'...
- Utah unemployment rate hits five-year low
- Target data breach: Credit monitoring will...
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see their...
- David Sturt: Have you failed enough?
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your time,...
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah doesn't...
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't waste your... 12
- Girls who play with Barbie may not see... 12
- Report: Utah made big money by keeping... 8
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going... 8
- Demolition underway on major downtown... 5
- Doug Robinson: Gail Miller —... 4
- Stericycle move to Tooele gets House... 4