West Valley City woman goes missing while scuba diving in Mexico
WEST VALLEY CITY — A West Valley woman went missing off the coast of Cozumel, Mexico, this week while scuba diving with a group.
Tamara Lashlee, 43, was on a scuba expedition with her two brothers, along with a larger group. Her mother, Emma Lashlee, said it was either Sunday or Monday morning that her daughter got ahead of the rest of the group.
"They were going up to the surface, and she was a little ahead," she said. "And then I guess she got out of sight or something, and they went up after her and they never did find her."
Since then, the Mexican Marine Armada has been searching for Lashlee. Cozumel is an island in the Gulf of Mexico close to the far southeast portion of Mexico and across from Cuba.
Emma Lashlee said her daughter loves the outdoors and is the adventurous type, but had never been scuba diving before.
"I don't know if she was panicking. I don't know if she was through and ready to give up (diving that day)," she said. "They looked and looked and looked and couldn't find her."
Emma Lashlee said her daughter was with a tour guide, and there were "a lot" of people on the boat who took them scuba diving.
Tammy Lashlee has three children. She had been living with her mother until she could close on a new home in Utah on Feb. 1.
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- Firefighter puts injured dog on shoulders,...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 71
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 38
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12