BYU men's basketball: BYU hosts Saint Mary's in late-night WCC showdown
"I'm going to be out there a lot guarding ball screens," Davies said. "That's what they do and they're really good at it. They all build off each other. It's a big part of our defense, is getting them stopped on the pick-and-roll."
Rose is impressed with Dellavedova.
"We've learned how good of a player he is. He's probably one of the best pick-and-roll point guards in the country," he said. "If you take one thing away from him, he's really good at finding another thing. We're going to have to change things up on him. We probably won't be doing anything that he hasn't seen before. He has great experience. Hopefully we can maybe get him to speed up a little bit. He does a great job of controlling the pace and his pace."
In anticipation of Wednesday's game, BYU students have been camped out in front of the Marriott Center, braving bitter-cold temperatures, to secure front row seats.
"We have the greatest fans in the world. They're like that for every game. They're always supporting us," Davies said. "We always see them in their tents, out there freezing. We're complaining just walking to class and they're out there sleeping in it. We have nothing but love for our fans."
NOTES: Rose is seeking his 200th career victory Wednesday. He has a 199-58 record in his eight seasons at the helm.
BYU has announced that Wednesday's game is a "whiteout," and fans are encouraged to wear white.
Davies scored 28 points, grabbed seven rebounds and had five steals last year at Saint Mary's.
Gaels and Cougars on the air
Saint Mary's (13-4, 2-1) at BYU (14-4, 4-0)
Marriott Center, Provo
9 p.m. MST
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @AJeffreyCall
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 123
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 39
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 34
- Morning links: Utah running back's goal... 25
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21