BYU men's basketball: BYU hosts Saint Mary's in late-night WCC showdown
"I'm going to be out there a lot guarding ball screens," Davies said. "That's what they do and they're really good at it. They all build off each other. It's a big part of our defense, is getting them stopped on the pick-and-roll."
Rose is impressed with Dellavedova.
"We've learned how good of a player he is. He's probably one of the best pick-and-roll point guards in the country," he said. "If you take one thing away from him, he's really good at finding another thing. We're going to have to change things up on him. We probably won't be doing anything that he hasn't seen before. He has great experience. Hopefully we can maybe get him to speed up a little bit. He does a great job of controlling the pace and his pace."
In anticipation of Wednesday's game, BYU students have been camped out in front of the Marriott Center, braving bitter-cold temperatures, to secure front row seats.
"We have the greatest fans in the world. They're like that for every game. They're always supporting us," Davies said. "We always see them in their tents, out there freezing. We're complaining just walking to class and they're out there sleeping in it. We have nothing but love for our fans."
NOTES: Rose is seeking his 200th career victory Wednesday. He has a 199-58 record in his eight seasons at the helm.
BYU has announced that Wednesday's game is a "whiteout," and fans are encouraged to wear white.
Davies scored 28 points, grabbed seven rebounds and had five steals last year at Saint Mary's.
Gaels and Cougars on the air
Saint Mary's (13-4, 2-1) at BYU (14-4, 4-0)
Marriott Center, Provo
9 p.m. MST
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @AJeffreyCall
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah State infographic: Aggies' Keeton...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 58
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28
- BYU's suspended players expected to be... 28