BYU men's basketball: BYU hosts Saint Mary's in late-night WCC showdown
"I'm going to be out there a lot guarding ball screens," Davies said. "That's what they do and they're really good at it. They all build off each other. It's a big part of our defense, is getting them stopped on the pick-and-roll."
Rose is impressed with Dellavedova.
"We've learned how good of a player he is. He's probably one of the best pick-and-roll point guards in the country," he said. "If you take one thing away from him, he's really good at finding another thing. We're going to have to change things up on him. We probably won't be doing anything that he hasn't seen before. He has great experience. Hopefully we can maybe get him to speed up a little bit. He does a great job of controlling the pace and his pace."
In anticipation of Wednesday's game, BYU students have been camped out in front of the Marriott Center, braving bitter-cold temperatures, to secure front row seats.
"We have the greatest fans in the world. They're like that for every game. They're always supporting us," Davies said. "We always see them in their tents, out there freezing. We're complaining just walking to class and they're out there sleeping in it. We have nothing but love for our fans."
NOTES: Rose is seeking his 200th career victory Wednesday. He has a 199-58 record in his eight seasons at the helm.
BYU has announced that Wednesday's game is a "whiteout," and fans are encouraged to wear white.
Davies scored 28 points, grabbed seven rebounds and had five steals last year at Saint Mary's.
Gaels and Cougars on the air
Saint Mary's (13-4, 2-1) at BYU (14-4, 4-0)
Marriott Center, Provo
9 p.m. MST
Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @AJeffreyCall
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- BYU moves up one spot in AP poll, heads into...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and... 35
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33