Ogden teacher arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of children
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher has been arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of three children.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was arrested Monday after police began investigating accusations of the abuse, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said. McMurray is being investigated for 11 counts of forcible sexual abuse of a child and one count of sodomy of a child.
McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West. None of the alleged victims were students at school, Lowther said, and police were continuing interviews about the case Tuesday.
Ogden School District spokeswoman Donna Corby said the district learned of the arrest Tuesday morning and immediately placed McMurray on administrative leave.
McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years, Corby said.
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- After 8 years with no 'true increase' in...
- About 22,000 items stored as stolen property...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 23
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 23
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 20
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17