Ogden teacher arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of children
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher has been arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of three children.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was arrested Monday after police began investigating accusations of the abuse, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said. McMurray is being investigated for 11 counts of forcible sexual abuse of a child and one count of sodomy of a child.
McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West. None of the alleged victims were students at school, Lowther said, and police were continuing interviews about the case Tuesday.
Ogden School District spokeswoman Donna Corby said the district learned of the arrest Tuesday morning and immediately placed McMurray on administrative leave.
McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years, Corby said.
- Body cam video helps D.A. clear officer in...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 85
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 38
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 32
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Group wants all to pay 'true' price for... 10
- Man accused in BYU gropings ordered to... 7