OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher has been arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of three children.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was arrested Monday after police began investigating accusations of the abuse, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said. McMurray is being investigated for 11 counts of forcible sexual abuse of a child and one count of sodomy of a child.
McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West. None of the alleged victims were students at school, Lowther said, and police were continuing interviews about the case Tuesday.
Ogden School District spokeswoman Donna Corby said the district learned of the arrest Tuesday morning and immediately placed McMurray on administrative leave.
McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years, Corby said.
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration
- Husband says he didn't know about wife's...
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the long...
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held on $6...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove garage;...
- Utahns stay out late to see lunar eclipse
- Southern Utah left wanting for water
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on continued...
- 7 dead babies found in Pleasant Grove... 74
- Utah attorney general encourages... 57
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 54
- Police nab man suspected of gropings at... 31
- Will Josh Powell's family argue he... 28
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Moab's dilemma: Can recreation coexist... 23
- Lawmakers to BLM: Sending seized Nevada... 22