Ogden teacher arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of children
OGDEN — An Ogden elementary school teacher has been arrested for investigation of sexual abuse of three children.
Scott Ray McMurray, 58, was arrested Monday after police began investigating accusations of the abuse, Weber County Sheriff's Lt. Mark Lowther said. McMurray is being investigated for 11 counts of forcible sexual abuse of a child and one count of sodomy of a child.
McMurray is a sixth-grade teacher at Heritage Elementary School, 373 S. 150 West. None of the alleged victims were students at school, Lowther said, and police were continuing interviews about the case Tuesday.
Ogden School District spokeswoman Donna Corby said the district learned of the arrest Tuesday morning and immediately placed McMurray on administrative leave.
McMurray has been employed by Ogden School District for 16 years, Corby said.
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with...
- Pres. Nelson honored by the University of Utah
- Police seek alleged drug money from woman...
- Utah man impresses all four judges on 'The...
- Could elephants' 'superhero' cancer guardian...
- Photo gallery: Night skies over national parks
- New Salt Lake County ordinance mandates pet...
- Couple charged with stealing Hondas from TRAX...
- Is 'Speaker Chaffetz' more likely with... 67
- Chaffetz's run for speaker makes... 47
- Utah cites Warren Jeffs as reason... 42
- It's official: Jason Chaffetz to make... 41
- Scholars disagree whether compromise... 37
- Gov. Herbert says latest Medicaid... 26
- Proposal calls for 900 South to be... 19
- LDS Church leaders continue to... 17