Devin Graham, a cinematographer and Brigham Young University graduate, is a YouTube filmmaker who recently filmed the world’s largest ever snowball fight.
Graham, along with the Boys and Girls Club, put on the event in Seattle, Wash., near the Space Needle. The goal of the fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club was to beat the numbers set in the "Guinness Book of World Records," and they succeeded with 5,834 people pelting each another with snow.
Because Seattle doesn’t get a lot of snow, they had 162,000 pounds brought in on 34 fully loaded dump trucks for the occasion. They also brought in 130 judges to make sure no one was aiming to hit another person in the head. In order to beat the record set previously, the participants had to be throwing snowballs consistently for a minute-and-a-half.
The music in the video is original, as are all of the songs featured in Graham’s weekly videos. Because Graham shoots so many videos, some of his friends are constantly writing and producing music.
Megan Marsden is an intern for Deseret News and writes for the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com. She is a communication student at BYU-Idaho.
- 9 things I wish I had known before my mission
- Sandy officer shoots, critically injures man...
- Woman dies, husband critically injured in...
- The truth about addiction
- Heavy rain damages roads, floods basements in...
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's running...
- Missing 18-month-old Layton boy found...
- Man killed by TRAX train after wheelchair...
- Hatch calls shutting down government... 67
- Chaffetz expected to announce he's... 49
- Federal judge halts Herbert directive... 39
- New Medicaid expansion plan unveiled to... 27
- Is convicted killer innocent? Group... 24
- Gun control laws won't stop mass... 22
- Herbert, other governors slam federal... 20
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19