Devin Graham, a cinematographer and Brigham Young University graduate, is a YouTube filmmaker who recently filmed the world’s largest ever snowball fight.
Graham, along with the Boys and Girls Club, put on the event in Seattle, Wash., near the Space Needle. The goal of the fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club was to beat the numbers set in the "Guinness Book of World Records," and they succeeded with 5,834 people pelting each another with snow.
Because Seattle doesn’t get a lot of snow, they had 162,000 pounds brought in on 34 fully loaded dump trucks for the occasion. They also brought in 130 judges to make sure no one was aiming to hit another person in the head. In order to beat the record set previously, the participants had to be throwing snowballs consistently for a minute-and-a-half.
The music in the video is original, as are all of the songs featured in Graham’s weekly videos. Because Graham shoots so many videos, some of his friends are constantly writing and producing music.
Megan Marsden is an intern for Deseret News and writes for the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com. She is a communication student at BYU-Idaho.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 106
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20