Devin Graham, a cinematographer and Brigham Young University graduate, is a YouTube filmmaker who recently filmed the world’s largest ever snowball fight.
Graham, along with the Boys and Girls Club, put on the event in Seattle, Wash., near the Space Needle. The goal of the fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club was to beat the numbers set in the "Guinness Book of World Records," and they succeeded with 5,834 people pelting each another with snow.
Because Seattle doesn’t get a lot of snow, they had 162,000 pounds brought in on 34 fully loaded dump trucks for the occasion. They also brought in 130 judges to make sure no one was aiming to hit another person in the head. In order to beat the record set previously, the participants had to be throwing snowballs consistently for a minute-and-a-half.
The music in the video is original, as are all of the songs featured in Graham’s weekly videos. Because Graham shoots so many videos, some of his friends are constantly writing and producing music.
Megan Marsden is an intern for Deseret News and writes for the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com. She is a communication student at BYU-Idaho.
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- Parents of teen who died in overdose hope...
- Mayor responds to pending harassment lawsuit...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on GOP to...
- Zion's trees are dying of old age
- Conservative group yanks TV ads targeting...
- 3 veteran officers preparing sex... 22
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 18
- Sen. Orrin Hatch calls HBO story on... 17
- Conservative group yanks TV ads... 16
- Gov. Herbert stepping up pressure on... 15
- Mayor responds to pending harassment... 13
- Mia Love pushing higher education act 11
- Sen. Mike Lee pushing for vote on USA... 9