Devin Graham, a cinematographer and Brigham Young University graduate, is a YouTube filmmaker who recently filmed the world’s largest ever snowball fight.
Graham, along with the Boys and Girls Club, put on the event in Seattle, Wash., near the Space Needle. The goal of the fundraiser for the Boys and Girls Club was to beat the numbers set in the "Guinness Book of World Records," and they succeeded with 5,834 people pelting each another with snow.
Because Seattle doesn’t get a lot of snow, they had 162,000 pounds brought in on 34 fully loaded dump trucks for the occasion. They also brought in 130 judges to make sure no one was aiming to hit another person in the head. In order to beat the record set previously, the participants had to be throwing snowballs consistently for a minute-and-a-half.
The music in the video is original, as are all of the songs featured in Graham’s weekly videos. Because Graham shoots so many videos, some of his friends are constantly writing and producing music.
Megan Marsden is an intern for Deseret News and writes for the Faith and Family sections of DeseretNews.com. She is a communication student at BYU-Idaho.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Roy home destroyed in fire
- Man shot by roommate in Holladay, police say
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 14
- LDS Church asks court to void subpoena... 12
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 8
- Brother, sister hugged each other as... 8
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7