I have a great husband. He knows that making the bed isn't my favorite thing, so he “insists” that he do it every day. Steve also knows I groan when the load of whites comes out of the dryer because that means folding dozens of small items. So, if he’s home, he gets to it first. Small acts of service like that make me love and appreciate him even more.
Bed making and laundry folding help ease daily burdens, but they don’t make life’s challenges and trials go away. Marriages are never problem-free and take lots of work. This Sunday on “Mormon Times TV,” you’ll hear from psychologist Wendy Ulrich. She’ll show us how couples can find greater happiness, avoid the pitfalls and stay committed in their relationships. A great resolution for the new year.
“Dayton’s Legs” is one of the awesome Mormon Messages released by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints — the story of a teenage boy from Arizona who completed a triathlon with help from his able-bodied friend, Spencer. Now, a professional triathlete from Utah recently hooked up with Dayton to achieve another remarkable feat. You’ll see how they both became “ironmen.”
You’ll also find out how some motivating words from Elder Jeffrey R. Holland of the Quorum of the Twelve were a springboard in helping a talented Virginia man launch himself into the music industry. Nathan Pacheco’s dream started at Brigham Young University and, now, he’s working with Yanni and Disney. It’s an inspiring story.
We’ll introduce you to an amazing group of widows who use much more than yarn to make “Hearts Knit Together” a force for good in the community.
And you’ll see how many sacrifices had to be made so that the King James Bible could change the world the past 400 years. “Fires of Faith” producer/director Lee Groberg shows us how martyrs helped get the sacred book into the hands of the common man.
The “Mormon Times TV" television show airs weekly on Sunday mornings at 10 a.m. on KSL-TV/Channel 5 following the Mormon Tabernacle Choir broadcast. (The replays air Sundays at 11:30 p.m. through August 2013). It can also be viewed online at mormontimestv.ksl.com, where you can see past episodes. You can check us out on YouTube at youtube.com/mormontimes, where it’s easier than ever to view and share inspiring stories from the show. And we invite you to follow us on Facebook at facebook.com/MormonTimesTV and join in the conversation.
We’re always looking for uplifting, inspirational stories that involve people of the LDS faith. If you have some ideas you’d like to share with us, drop me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sister Frances J. Monson's legacy of love...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of...
- Live streaming: Frances J. Monson funeral
- Letters to family show Steven Powell still...
- 'Hollywood goes to Mormon country': BYU...
- USA Today takes note of LDS sister missionaries
- Defending the Faith: A case for the...
- Boy Scouts of America to make membership...
- LDS Church responds to Boy Scouts of... 53
- Defending the Faith: A case for the... 52
- 'Tattooed Mormon' Al Fox shares her... 42
- Secretary of State John Kerry says... 27
- Muslim leaders in U.S. facing... 25
- 'We're here to serve all boys,' Utah... 23
- Wright Words: Oklahoma tornado provides... 23
- Supreme Court to weigh in on... 17