New Era: Have you seen the January 2013 New Era? You may not know, but there are actually four different covers. Fernando Camillo, manager of product awareness in the LDS Church's Curriculum Department, explains, “The New Era magazine kicked off its 2013 with four unique covers on the January 2013 issue. The magazine content is the same, but subscribers will randomly receive one of the four covers. This is part of a new effort from the magazine to ask youth worldwide to submit photos of how they choose to ‘Stand in Holy Places,’ their theme for this year. Select photos that are sent in will be featured in upcoming issues of the New Era and Liahona.” Awesome. Click here for information on how to submit!
Church history: Just released: the “Men and Women of Faith Church History Library Lecture Series, 2013.” Just look at the first two speakers/subjects: “Erastus Snow, Faithful Servant” by Elder Steven E. Snow, historianand recorder for for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and “Faith of Latter-day Sisters: A Personal Perspective” by Julie B. Beck, former Relief Society general president. And then see what fascinating ones follow thoughout the year. Click in to find out more!
Visiting teaching: And finally here’s a darling little “January Visiting Teaching” handout on the importance of Mormon missionary work to click, print and give!
Emily W. Jensen updates "Today in the Bloggernacle" on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, presenting the best from the world of LDS-oriented blog sites. Her extended "Bloggernacle Back Bench" appears on Tuesdays. Email: email@example.com
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Project to restore Manti Tabernacle underway
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 17
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 17
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 14
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house... 8
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11... 5