Utah man's 'I'm a Daddy and I Know It' YouTube video goes viral
The Mortons' extended family has also been excited about the YouTube fame. Chad Morton regularly receives phone calls regarding the updates and comments posted by lovers and haters of the video.
From marriage proposals to discussion pages on breaking carseat laws, the Mortons have received diverse feedback.
Although some comments are negative, there are a great deal more positive comments.
“My favorite comments have been people saying I’m a good dad, and it’s obvious because I play with my kids and do laundry and cook and clean,” Morton said.
The media have captured the Mortons on the TV screen multiple times as the family has been featured on KSL-TV, Fox & Friends, and even made a national appearance on "Taff," a German celebrity gossip program.
“‘Taff’ is like ‘Access Hollywood’ in the United States,” Morton said. “The only way we know about that is watching YouTube comments. People would say ‘I saw you on Taff,’ and I’ve got a friend who just moved to Germany, so he ended up recording it and sending me the copy. It’s kind of cool that I was on another country on their show.”
The Mortons have hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube; however, that doesn’t include the 600,000 shares on Facebook or other websites where the video has been viewed.
“I wish all the views could be counted in one place because all the views I’ve counted has been well over 1.5 million,” Morton said. “It just went nuts in the past three or four days, really.”
It’s doubtful that the Mortons will create another video. It’s exhausting, Morton said.
However, they have found the response so humorous that they have recently discussed doing another funny video with the triplets.
“Our intention was never to go big or to become famous from it, but it’s always fun to hop on and see how many views it's got,” Morton said.
Megan Marsden is an intern for the Deseret News, writing for the Faith & Family section. She is a student at BYU-Idaho, studying communications.
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your kids to...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Motherhood Matters: 3 keys to a great family...
- Is this TV show a 'game changer for people...
- 4 tips for planning a successful family hike
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Top parenting ideas,...
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 22
- Amy Iverson: Showing kids how to make... 6
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail... 4
- First-timers and veterans among... 2
- The Clean Cut: 91-year-old widow... 2
- Tiffany Gee Lewis: Lessons from sending... 2
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of... 1
- Heart-pounding 'Jason Bourne' makes the... 1