Utah man's 'I'm a Daddy and I Know It' YouTube video goes viral
The Mortons' extended family has also been excited about the YouTube fame. Chad Morton regularly receives phone calls regarding the updates and comments posted by lovers and haters of the video.
From marriage proposals to discussion pages on breaking carseat laws, the Mortons have received diverse feedback.
Although some comments are negative, there are a great deal more positive comments.
“My favorite comments have been people saying I’m a good dad, and it’s obvious because I play with my kids and do laundry and cook and clean,” Morton said.
The media have captured the Mortons on the TV screen multiple times as the family has been featured on KSL-TV, Fox & Friends, and even made a national appearance on "Taff," a German celebrity gossip program.
“‘Taff’ is like ‘Access Hollywood’ in the United States,” Morton said. “The only way we know about that is watching YouTube comments. People would say ‘I saw you on Taff,’ and I’ve got a friend who just moved to Germany, so he ended up recording it and sending me the copy. It’s kind of cool that I was on another country on their show.”
The Mortons have hundreds of thousands of views on YouTube; however, that doesn’t include the 600,000 shares on Facebook or other websites where the video has been viewed.
“I wish all the views could be counted in one place because all the views I’ve counted has been well over 1.5 million,” Morton said. “It just went nuts in the past three or four days, really.”
It’s doubtful that the Mortons will create another video. It’s exhausting, Morton said.
However, they have found the response so humorous that they have recently discussed doing another funny video with the triplets.
“Our intention was never to go big or to become famous from it, but it’s always fun to hop on and see how many views it's got,” Morton said.
Megan Marsden is an intern for the Deseret News, writing for the Faith & Family section. She is a student at BYU-Idaho, studying communications.
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- 'Unbroken' faith: The religious journey of...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new respect...
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these two...
- The Clean Cut: Stuart Edge, Vocal Point,...
- 4 interactive ways to teach your kids about...
- New 'Annie' feels more functional than...
- Why you shouldn't always punish your children...
- Chris Hicks: Has Hollywood found new... 15
- Black Captain America leading comic... 6
- What did Utahns search for in 2014?... 6
- 'Five Armies' brings the Hobbit trilogy... 4
- School lunch 'blech' factor may go down... 3
- 'Dragon Age' tops AP critics' best... 2
- Want a smart kid? Stay away from these... 2
- Why you shouldn't always punish your... 2