BYU football: Seattle prep QB Billy Green signs with BYU as mid-year enrollee (+video)
The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder from King High School in Seattle led the Knights to an 11-1 record last season as a senior and completed 196-of-304 passes for 2,997 yards and 46 touchdowns. Green also rushed 80 times for 432 yards and six TDs.
“Billy is a great athlete, football player and fine young man,” Mendenhall said. “We are excited to have him join the program.”
Green, a two-time Cascade Conference Offensive Most Valuable Player, earned AP All-State first-team selections in 2011 and 2012.
As a junior, Green passed for 2,297 yards and 38 touchdowns and rushed for 157 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Green was also recruited by Notre Dame, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State.
- Jeff Gordon readies for the Brickyard in...
- Froome crashes in Tour, finishes stage with...
- Former NFL coach Dennis Green dies at 67
- Warriors' Draymond Green settles assault case...
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of Charlotte...
- Froome keeps lead intact, set to secure 3rd...
- Ready or Not: Rio Olympics open doors at...
- 20 years ago: Palacios defends marathon title
- BYU football: Certain games on the... 100
- Morning links: National college... 98
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 80
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 34
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 34
- Former BYU QB Max Hall confronts... 31
- Blame game follows NBA's removal of... 7
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 7