BYU football: Seattle prep QB Billy Green signs with BYU as mid-year enrollee (+video)
The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder from King High School in Seattle led the Knights to an 11-1 record last season as a senior and completed 196-of-304 passes for 2,997 yards and 46 touchdowns. Green also rushed 80 times for 432 yards and six TDs.
“Billy is a great athlete, football player and fine young man,” Mendenhall said. “We are excited to have him join the program.”
Green, a two-time Cascade Conference Offensive Most Valuable Player, earned AP All-State first-team selections in 2011 and 2012.
As a junior, Green passed for 2,297 yards and 38 touchdowns and rushed for 157 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Green was also recruited by Notre Dame, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48