BYU football: Seattle prep QB Billy Green signs with BYU as mid-year enrollee (+video)
The 6-foot-2, 196-pounder from King High School in Seattle led the Knights to an 11-1 record last season as a senior and completed 196-of-304 passes for 2,997 yards and 46 touchdowns. Green also rushed 80 times for 432 yards and six TDs.
“Billy is a great athlete, football player and fine young man,” Mendenhall said. “We are excited to have him join the program.”
Green, a two-time Cascade Conference Offensive Most Valuable Player, earned AP All-State first-team selections in 2011 and 2012.
As a junior, Green passed for 2,297 yards and 38 touchdowns and rushed for 157 rushing yards and two touchdowns.
Green was also recruited by Notre Dame, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah, Washington and Washington State.
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars... 26