MAGNA — Investigators are hoping a series of high-quality surveillance photos from a bank robbery Monday will lead to a quick arrest.
A man walked into Wells Fargo, 8295 W. 3500 South, just after noon. He presented the teller with a note demanding money and claiming he had a weapon, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The man left after receiving an undisclosed amount of cash.
Detectives say the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 175 pounds with a thin build and light brown facial hair. He was last seen wearing sunglasses, a dark hoodie with a zipper, blue Levis and light-colored tennis shoes.
A mid-2000s dark colored Ford Explorer was seen leaving the area.
The robbery is the latest in a recent string of bank robberies around Salt Lake County. Monday's incident, however, was not believed to be connected to the so-called "Honey Bun Bandits" who investigators believe robbed banks in Salt Lake City and West Valley on Dec. 17 and Dec. 27.
The FBI investigated five bank robberies during December in Salt Lake County alone.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-743-5851.
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 41
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 35
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Mitt Romney says family still wants him... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Old West showdown? Freeway cattle drive... 29
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 23