MAGNA — Investigators are hoping a series of high-quality surveillance photos from a bank robbery Monday will lead to a quick arrest.
A man walked into Wells Fargo, 8295 W. 3500 South, just after noon. He presented the teller with a note demanding money and claiming he had a weapon, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The man left after receiving an undisclosed amount of cash.
Detectives say the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 175 pounds with a thin build and light brown facial hair. He was last seen wearing sunglasses, a dark hoodie with a zipper, blue Levis and light-colored tennis shoes.
A mid-2000s dark colored Ford Explorer was seen leaving the area.
The robbery is the latest in a recent string of bank robberies around Salt Lake County. Monday's incident, however, was not believed to be connected to the so-called "Honey Bun Bandits" who investigators believe robbed banks in Salt Lake City and West Valley on Dec. 17 and Dec. 27.
The FBI investigated five bank robberies during December in Salt Lake County alone.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-743-5851.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Splashing through the city: Giant slip and...
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- A photographic look at how Days of '47 floats...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 75
- Supporters rally around breast-feeding... 71
- Gov. says Utah will comply with law if... 59
- Herbert on Common Core: 'We are going... 37
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- $1.8B project to take Salt Lake City... 17
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14