MAGNA — Investigators are hoping a series of high-quality surveillance photos from a bank robbery Monday will lead to a quick arrest.
A man walked into Wells Fargo, 8295 W. 3500 South, just after noon. He presented the teller with a note demanding money and claiming he had a weapon, said Unified Police Lt. Justin Hoyal. The man left after receiving an undisclosed amount of cash.
Detectives say the suspect is about 5 feet 10 inches tall, 175 pounds with a thin build and light brown facial hair. He was last seen wearing sunglasses, a dark hoodie with a zipper, blue Levis and light-colored tennis shoes.
A mid-2000s dark colored Ford Explorer was seen leaving the area.
The robbery is the latest in a recent string of bank robberies around Salt Lake County. Monday's incident, however, was not believed to be connected to the so-called "Honey Bun Bandits" who investigators believe robbed banks in Salt Lake City and West Valley on Dec. 17 and Dec. 27.
The FBI investigated five bank robberies during December in Salt Lake County alone.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-743-5851.
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile offenders...
- Police investigating man who barricaded...
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery store...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor LaVoy...
- Bountiful man charged with murder in death of...
- Kearns home a total loss after accidental fire
- Man with gunshot wound collapses in West...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 53
- Feds say Orem man duped hundreds of... 28
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 25
- Are you willing to take a pledge to... 19
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Biskupski's pick to lead public... 13
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 12