Constable pepper-sprayed while delivering eviction notice
SALT LAKE CITY — A constable delivering an eviction notice was greeted with pepper spray over the weekend.
Salt Lake police said the constable was attempting to serve the notice at 227 W. 400 North about 5:30 p.m. Friday when he was given a dose of pepper spray from the woman inside.
Officers were called and the woman initially refused to open the door. She eventually surrendered without further incident. Nikole Bain, 35, was arrested for investigation of assault on a police officer, obstruction of justice and resisting arrest.
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- How new technology is reshaping pacemakers
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop criminal...
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the middle...
- Utah crafting rules for spending on water,...
- Utah city condemns Confederate flag display...
- Fire destroys Taylorsville home, damages another
- Another first: Utah caretaker contracts Zika...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- Screaming, shouting and Utah's in the... 64
- Friction over Trump between GOP, Utah... 64
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 29
- Prosecutors 'stand down' and drop... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16