Constable pepper-sprayed while delivering eviction notice
SALT LAKE CITY — A constable delivering an eviction notice was greeted with pepper spray over the weekend.
Salt Lake police said the constable was attempting to serve the notice at 227 W. 400 North about 5:30 p.m. Friday when he was given a dose of pepper spray from the woman inside.
Officers were called and the woman initially refused to open the door. She eventually surrendered without further incident. Nikole Bain, 35, was arrested for investigation of assault on a police officer, obstruction of justice and resisting arrest.
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- We were there: See Deseret News front pages...
- Researchers: Patients have only themselves to...
- Friend says wrong-way driver 'wasn't in his...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 80
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 59
- Federal government extends same-sex... 37
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 15
- Risque video shoots trigger... 14
- Housing recovery slowest since World... 12