Constable pepper-sprayed while delivering eviction notice
SALT LAKE CITY — A constable delivering an eviction notice was greeted with pepper spray over the weekend.
Salt Lake police said the constable was attempting to serve the notice at 227 W. 400 North about 5:30 p.m. Friday when he was given a dose of pepper spray from the woman inside.
Officers were called and the woman initially refused to open the door. She eventually surrendered without further incident. Nikole Bain, 35, was arrested for investigation of assault on a police officer, obstruction of justice and resisting arrest.
- Hope in a crisis: School, community leaders...
- Can you name your U.S. Representative? See...
- Eagle Mountain man killed in alleged domestic...
- UDOT announces road project schedule for 2015
- Five sites now under consideration for new...
- Becky Lockhart remembered on Rare Disease Day...
- Prosecutors: Woman killed girlfriend with 46...
- Want to land your dream job? 4 must-do things
- Officer in parade controversy speaks... 263
- Gov. Herbert increases pressure on... 52
- Illinois professor could help Utah... 43
- House Speaker Greg Hughes kills hopes... 34
- House panel approves bill to require... 26
- Prophets and presidents: 11 noteworthy... 23
- Utah Senate rejects delay to Count My... 19
- Lawmakers consider academic turnaround... 17