Jimmer watch: Fredette improves after rough start to Week 11 of NBA season (+video)
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Former BYU great Jimmer Fredette started off Week 11 of the NBA season with a thud in Sacramento's 113-81 loss to Memphis, but ended it with a decent game in a 128-99 loss to Miami. The Kings lost all three of their games last week and are now 13-24 on the year.
Fredette played 20 minutes in the blowout loss against the Grizzlies, but went 0-7 from the field and produced just one assist. He had his minutes cut to eight in Sacramento's 117-112 loss to Dallas, but was efficient, scoring five points on 2-3 shooting from the field. Fredette wrapped up the week with nine points and 3-7 shooting in 15 minutes against the Heat.
For the season, Fredette is averaging 14.2 minutes, 7.9 points and just 1.3 assists per game. He's shooting 42.2 percent from the field, 41.0 percent from 3-point range and 91.0 percent from the free-throw line.
Fredette's career has been a struggle so far, but he's learning to adjust to life — both on and off the hardwood — according to the International Business Times.
Meanwhile, former Weber State great Damian Lillard has fared very well in his rookie campaign for the Portland Trailblazers and was recently named the Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December. Lillard is averaging a whopping 41.7 minutes per game, 18.8 points and 7.4 assists.
Lillard's Week 11 was highlighted with a career-high 37 points in Portland's 103-97 loss at Golden State.
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25