Jimmer watch: Fredette improves after rough start to Week 11 of NBA season (+video)
SACRAMENTO, Calif. — Former BYU great Jimmer Fredette started off Week 11 of the NBA season with a thud in Sacramento's 113-81 loss to Memphis, but ended it with a decent game in a 128-99 loss to Miami. The Kings lost all three of their games last week and are now 13-24 on the year.
Fredette played 20 minutes in the blowout loss against the Grizzlies, but went 0-7 from the field and produced just one assist. He had his minutes cut to eight in Sacramento's 117-112 loss to Dallas, but was efficient, scoring five points on 2-3 shooting from the field. Fredette wrapped up the week with nine points and 3-7 shooting in 15 minutes against the Heat.
For the season, Fredette is averaging 14.2 minutes, 7.9 points and just 1.3 assists per game. He's shooting 42.2 percent from the field, 41.0 percent from 3-point range and 91.0 percent from the free-throw line.
Fredette's career has been a struggle so far, but he's learning to adjust to life — both on and off the hardwood — according to the International Business Times.
Meanwhile, former Weber State great Damian Lillard has fared very well in his rookie campaign for the Portland Trailblazers and was recently named the Western Conference Rookie of the Month for December. Lillard is averaging a whopping 41.7 minutes per game, 18.8 points and 7.4 assists.
Lillard's Week 11 was highlighted with a career-high 37 points in Portland's 103-97 loss at Golden State.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Jimmer Fredette trying to keep his head up as...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- Dick Harmon: Regardless of circusmtances,...
- Brad Rock: Arizona teaches Utes about waiting
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 132
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 116
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 37
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 37
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21