Weber State men's basketball: Red-hot Wildcats play at Idaho State on Monday night
POCATELLO — Weber State’s hot streak will be put to the test this week with three conference games in six short days, beginning at Idaho State on Monday.
Both teams enter enjoying winning streaks, albeit one is much larger than the other. The ‘Cats have won six consecutive outings and nine of 10, whereas the Bengals have started to find an identity in the Big Sky, winning two straight after a slow start to the 2012-13 campaign.
Idaho State is second in the conference in scoring defense (61.4 ppg) but ranks dead last and second-worst in the nation in points per game, only averaging 52.3 per. Melvin Morgan (12.5 ppg) leads the Bengals and Thomas Sanchez chips in 9.9 points per game.
Joel Bolomboy, WSU’s high-flying freshman, poured in 13 points and a career-high 17 rebounds in an 81-74 win over SUU. He’s now reached double-digit rebounding figures in seven of 13 games this season and is averaging 10.6 rebounds in Big Sky play.
Wildcats and Bengals on the air
Weber State (10-3, 5-0) at Idaho State (3-11, 2-3)
Monday, 7 p.m.
Holt Arena, Pocatello
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @tphibbsami
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27