Weber State men's basketball: Red-hot Wildcats play at Idaho State on Monday night
POCATELLO — Weber State’s hot streak will be put to the test this week with three conference games in six short days, beginning at Idaho State on Monday.
Both teams enter enjoying winning streaks, albeit one is much larger than the other. The ‘Cats have won six consecutive outings and nine of 10, whereas the Bengals have started to find an identity in the Big Sky, winning two straight after a slow start to the 2012-13 campaign.
Idaho State is second in the conference in scoring defense (61.4 ppg) but ranks dead last and second-worst in the nation in points per game, only averaging 52.3 per. Melvin Morgan (12.5 ppg) leads the Bengals and Thomas Sanchez chips in 9.9 points per game.
Joel Bolomboy, WSU’s high-flying freshman, poured in 13 points and a career-high 17 rebounds in an 81-74 win over SUU. He’s now reached double-digit rebounding figures in seven of 13 games this season and is averaging 10.6 rebounds in Big Sky play.
Wildcats and Bengals on the air
Weber State (10-3, 5-0) at Idaho State (3-11, 2-3)
Monday, 7 p.m.
Holt Arena, Pocatello
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @tphibbsami
- Copper Hills lives up to expectations with...
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Harvey Unga to assist...
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to Pacific,...
- Hood, Hayward help Jazz eclipse Suns for...
- Live stream: High school drill team state...
- 'Heart-to-heart' talk between Krystkowiak and...
- Cougars regrouping, going back on the road...
- For Star Lotulelei, Super Bowl loss leaves...
- Utes drop heartbreaker at Oregon State,... 100
- Morning links: Grading the BYU, Utah... 83
- Cold-shooting BYU loses stunner to... 59
- BYU football: 2016 recruiting class... 42
- College football signing day central:... 34
- 5-star LDS linebacker prospect Mique... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU's Sitake hired... 32
- Brad Rock: Recruiting day puts Utes in... 29