Weber State men's basketball: Red-hot Wildcats play at Idaho State on Monday night
POCATELLO — Weber State’s hot streak will be put to the test this week with three conference games in six short days, beginning at Idaho State on Monday.
Both teams enter enjoying winning streaks, albeit one is much larger than the other. The ‘Cats have won six consecutive outings and nine of 10, whereas the Bengals have started to find an identity in the Big Sky, winning two straight after a slow start to the 2012-13 campaign.
Idaho State is second in the conference in scoring defense (61.4 ppg) but ranks dead last and second-worst in the nation in points per game, only averaging 52.3 per. Melvin Morgan (12.5 ppg) leads the Bengals and Thomas Sanchez chips in 9.9 points per game.
Joel Bolomboy, WSU’s high-flying freshman, poured in 13 points and a career-high 17 rebounds in an 81-74 win over SUU. He’s now reached double-digit rebounding figures in seven of 13 games this season and is averaging 10.6 rebounds in Big Sky play.
Wildcats and Bengals on the air
Weber State (10-3, 5-0) at Idaho State (3-11, 2-3)
Monday, 7 p.m.
Holt Arena, Pocatello
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @tphibbsami
- BYU's linebacker Kyle Van Noy engaged to Miss...
- LDS general authorities make appearance at...
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience for...
- BYU basketball: 3 players record...
- College football re-rankings: Where do BYU,...
- BYU men's basketball: True freshman Frank...
- Utah Jazz: Tanking? Suddenly hot Jazz earn...
- Local NFL watch: How Utah players fared in...
- Mike Sorensen: Despite disappointing... 180
- BYU football: Cougar offense rebounds... 84
- Utah football: Utes end season with... 76
- BYU, Utah State basketball: Second-half... 74
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 52
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 51
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 48
- Brad Rock: Aggies show new conference... 45