Utah Jazz notebook: Pistons groan after getting roughed up by Jazz's 'instigator culture'
This is a common pattern for this team over the course of the first half of the 2012-13 season.
The Jazz have fallen behind by 10 or more points only to come back and win an NBA-high 10 times this season.
But Utah has trailed by double-digit deficits in 24 of 39 games so far, losing 14 times in those relaxing situations.
"Forty-eight minutes is the key," Jazz guard Randy Foye said. "We're still a team, just growing. We're trying to get better every single day. But the main thing is just understanding and learning from your mistakes. And I think from last night (Friday) to tonight (Saturday), we learned from our mistakes."
Foye admitted the Jazz "made some mistake" in the late-game collapse in Detroit in which Utah had four turnovers in the final two minutes, including three by him. They also got complacent in their offense and missed a couple of late free throws.
"We'll take the win," he said, "and we'll learn from the mistakes with the win."
LET ME PLAY: When the third quarter ended Saturday, Jazz center Al Jefferson rushed over to Corbin to plead with his coach. He'd just scored 10 points in the period, leading Utah to a four-point lead after previously trailing by 15, and he didn't want to head to the bench to start the fourth.
"I told him, 'We've got to win this game. I'm good. I'm good. Let me stay in,'" Jefferson explained. "He agreed with me. Even when he took me out in the middle of the fourth I didn't want to come out, but I knew I needed to."
EMAIL: email@example.com TWITTER: DJJazzyJody
- Kevin Durant leads US to second exhibition...
- Athletes using sports platforms to push for...
- NFL clears Peyton Manning of HGH allegations
- 7 Russian swimmers to miss Rio Olympics over...
- Michael Jordan gives $2 million; looks to...
- Cubs get closer Aroldis Chapman in trade with...
- Roger Federer says he is out for Olympics,...
- Mickelson not close to being over runner-up...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 33
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- Former Utah punter Tom Hackett waived... 18