DETROIT — The Utah Jazz overcame an 11-point deficit, built a 13-point lead, then held off a furious Detroit Pistons rally to win 90-87 on Saturday night.
After an Alec Burks dunk put the Jazz up 88-75, the Pistons went on a 12-1 run. But Paul Millsap made one of two free throws with four seconds left, and the Pistons missed a final 3-point attempt at the buzzer.
Al Jefferson had 20 points, 10 rebounds, four steals and three assists for the Jazz, who trailed at halftime, 50-39. They came back to win after losing a double-digit halftime lead the previous night against the Atlanta Hawks.
Randy Foye and Paul Millsap added 17 points apiece for the Jazz. Brandon Knight led the Pistons with 16 points.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: TheShums
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27