PARIS, Texas — Three Utahns were killed Saturday morning when their plane crashed in Texas.
Michael Endo, 50, Michael Dale Bradley, 44, and Rob Thompson, 49, died when the Piper PA-46 went down just before 8 a.m., according to the Texas Department of Public Safety. The plane was registered to Salt Lake City-based Celtic Bank.
In a news release issued Saturday, Celtic Bank confirmed all of the men were associated with the bank.
Department of Public Safety officials in Texas reported that the plane crashed just after taking off from an airport near Paris, Texas. It is believed they were en route to Austin.
Weather conditions were reportedly foggy and the plane was headed south before it attempted to turn back toward the airport. It was then that it descended rapidly and crashed, according to the Department of Public Safety.
The National Transportation Safety Board is investigating the crash.
"This is a challenging and difficult time for the entire Celtic Bank family," said Reese Howell, Jr., chairman and CEO of Celtic Bank. "We are sad and focused exclusively on providing love and support for the families and friends of those lost in the crash."
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photo gallery: Journey headlines 35th Stadium...
- Funeral services for President Boyd K. Packer...
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of...
- 25 of the craziest — and cutest —...
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- About Utah: They go back to give back
- Are 'calm' South Jordan burglars tied to...
- LDS Church donates to Utah Pride... 68
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 46
- My view: Move the prison for the sake... 42
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 40
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 36
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 16
- My view: Utah lawmakers can protect... 13