Scott G Winterton, Deseret News
The Trojans struggled offensively at the start of the game, but improved their shooting in the second half behind Byron Wesley, who scored all of his 13 points after halftime.
Also finishing with 13 points was USC forward Dewayne Dedmon, who added 13 rebounds and five blocks.
Utah forward Jarred DuBois had a game-high 18 points.
The 15-point loss is the Runnin' Utes' biggest defeat this season.
Whitney O'Bannon is currently a new media sports intern for the Deseret News.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- Mountain View hires former Timpview head...
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 99
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 81
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 68
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 51
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34