Paul Millsap scored eight points to help the Utah Jazz recover from a slow start, but they still trail the Detroit Pistons at halftime, 50-39.
No Jazz players scored in double figures as the Pistons jumped out to an 11-2 lead. Detroit shot 56 percent from the field in the first half.
Millsap led a second-quarter charge as the Jazz closed to within five points, but the Pistons finished the half on a 6-0 run.
Alec Burks added seven points for the Jazz. Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight scored 10 points each for Detroit.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: theshums
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24