Paul Millsap scored eight points to help the Utah Jazz recover from a slow start, but they still trail the Detroit Pistons at halftime, 50-39.
No Jazz players scored in double figures as the Pistons jumped out to an 11-2 lead. Detroit shot 56 percent from the field in the first half.
Millsap led a second-quarter charge as the Jazz closed to within five points, but the Pistons finished the half on a 6-0 run.
Alec Burks added seven points for the Jazz. Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight scored 10 points each for Detroit.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: theshums
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Utah football: Quarterback Kendal Thompson...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 112
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 36
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 29
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 22
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20