Paul Millsap scored eight points to help the Utah Jazz recover from a slow start, but they still trail the Detroit Pistons at halftime, 50-39.
No Jazz players scored in double figures as the Pistons jumped out to an 11-2 lead. Detroit shot 56 percent from the field in the first half.
Millsap led a second-quarter charge as the Jazz closed to within five points, but the Pistons finished the half on a 6-0 run.
Alec Burks added seven points for the Jazz. Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight scored 10 points each for Detroit.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: theshums
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- BYU coach Shawn Olmstead provided calming...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 51
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 25