Paul Millsap scored eight points to help the Utah Jazz recover from a slow start, but they still trail the Detroit Pistons at halftime, 50-39.
No Jazz players scored in double figures as the Pistons jumped out to an 11-2 lead. Detroit shot 56 percent from the field in the first half.
Millsap led a second-quarter charge as the Jazz closed to within five points, but the Pistons finished the half on a 6-0 run.
Alec Burks added seven points for the Jazz. Greg Monroe and Brandon Knight scored 10 points each for Detroit.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: theshums
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- 5A boys basketball tournament central: Live...
- Haws' teammates marvel at his BYU scoring record
- BYU basketball analysis: How the Cougars flew...
- 3A boys state tournament central: Live...
- Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman signs 2-year...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 91
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 59
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 49
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 43
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29