BYU basketball: Cougars take 41-32 lead over Santa Clara at halftime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Brock Zylstra scored 13 points and hit all three of his 3-point attempts to lead BYU to a 41-32 halftime lead over Santa Clara University on Saturday in California.
The Cougars shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) from the field and were especially impressive on 3-pointers, hitting 4 of 8.
The game was tight through much of the first half, before the Cougars opened up their biggest lead of the half at nine points on a Josh Sharp bucket in the final 30 seconds of the half. BYU scored six of the final eight points of the half.
Tyler Haws also had 13 points in the first half for BYU. Raymond Cowels III paced Santa Clara with nine points and three rebounds.
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars' schedule...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- BYU football: Texas quarterback David Ash out...
- Utah football: Utes to take on a familiar...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 66
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 59
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 29
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 28