BYU basketball: Cougars take 41-32 lead over Santa Clara at halftime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Brock Zylstra scored 13 points and hit all three of his 3-point attempts to lead BYU to a 41-32 halftime lead over Santa Clara University on Saturday in California.
The Cougars shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) from the field and were especially impressive on 3-pointers, hitting 4 of 8.
The game was tight through much of the first half, before the Cougars opened up their biggest lead of the half at nine points on a Josh Sharp bucket in the final 30 seconds of the half. BYU scored six of the final eight points of the half.
Tyler Haws also had 13 points in the first half for BYU. Raymond Cowels III paced Santa Clara with nine points and three rebounds.
- 20 questions: How well do you know Tyler...
- 15 signs that you're addicted to your Fitbit
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- 4A boys basketball tournament quarterfinal...
- Haws breaks all-time scoring record in 1st...
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest for...
- Morning links: Utah coaching job ranked; NFL...
- Too many turnovers, not enough baskets... 114
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 87
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 80
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 53
- Utah falls to No. 13 in AP poll;... 42
- Dick Harmon: Putting Haws' impending... 37
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 28