BYU basketball: Cougars take 41-32 lead over Santa Clara at halftime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Brock Zylstra scored 13 points and hit all three of his 3-point attempts to lead BYU to a 41-32 halftime lead over Santa Clara University on Saturday in California.
The Cougars shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) from the field and were especially impressive on 3-pointers, hitting 4 of 8.
The game was tight through much of the first half, before the Cougars opened up their biggest lead of the half at nine points on a Josh Sharp bucket in the final 30 seconds of the half. BYU scored six of the final eight points of the half.
Tyler Haws also had 13 points in the first half for BYU. Raymond Cowels III paced Santa Clara with nine points and three rebounds.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sorensen: Rare for both BYU and Utah to be...
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 86
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 75
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 51
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 36
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33
- Ex-Ute gets gift of life with new heart... 32