BYU basketball: Cougars take 41-32 lead over Santa Clara at halftime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Brock Zylstra scored 13 points and hit all three of his 3-point attempts to lead BYU to a 41-32 halftime lead over Santa Clara University on Saturday in California.
The Cougars shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) from the field and were especially impressive on 3-pointers, hitting 4 of 8.
The game was tight through much of the first half, before the Cougars opened up their biggest lead of the half at nine points on a Josh Sharp bucket in the final 30 seconds of the half. BYU scored six of the final eight points of the half.
Tyler Haws also had 13 points in the first half for BYU. Raymond Cowels III paced Santa Clara with nine points and three rebounds.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48