BYU basketball: Cougars take 41-32 lead over Santa Clara at halftime
SANTA CLARA, Calif. — Brock Zylstra scored 13 points and hit all three of his 3-point attempts to lead BYU to a 41-32 halftime lead over Santa Clara University on Saturday in California.
The Cougars shot 51.5 percent (17 of 33) from the field and were especially impressive on 3-pointers, hitting 4 of 8.
The game was tight through much of the first half, before the Cougars opened up their biggest lead of the half at nine points on a Josh Sharp bucket in the final 30 seconds of the half. BYU scored six of the final eight points of the half.
Tyler Haws also had 13 points in the first half for BYU. Raymond Cowels III paced Santa Clara with nine points and three rebounds.
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- Randy Hollis: Utah's Perrins is one of the...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 113
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 54
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 44
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 30
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 23
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 22