Utah Jazz notebook: Devin Harris has fond memories with (and against) his old team
"It's been really fun. I really enjoyed my time here (in Atlanta). I was very appreciative of this organization," he said. "They gave me an opportunity to live out my dream. I'll be forever grateful to the Atlanta Hawks for doing that."
Williams also dropped a hint about whether or not he'll take his player option to remain with the Jazz through the 2013-14 season.
"I'm a member of the Utah Jazz now and I like where I'm at," Williams said. "And I'm really enjoying my time out there, so hopefully I can stay there as long I've been here."
MORE MARVIN: Williams on playing in that quadruple-overtime game in which his old team outlasted the Jazz for an exhausting 139-133 victory last March:
"We (Derrick Favors and Paul Millsap) were talking about how gassed we were," he said. "I've never played in a game that long, not even outside messing around. I've never played basketball that long before at such a high level."
What was it like?
"It was a fun game. I was finished," he said, recalling how it as the third overtime game in as many nights for the Hawks. "It was awful. I was done."
MORE MARVIN II: Williams, who sported a Mariners hat into the arena as he occasionally does, likes his Seahawks' chances when they take on the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday.
Williams: "I'm pretty confident that Seattle will be playing again next Sunday."
JAZZ NOTES: Former Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver only scored three points, shooting 1 for 4 from the field in Atlanta's win. He was traded to the Hawks by Chicago this past offseason. ... Randy Foye hit a season-high six 3-pointers during his 25-point night. ... Utah had blown double-digit leads three previous times this season — twice against the Grizzlies (16 and 12) and once at home against the Clippers (19).
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon State
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head coach...
- BYU's Tyler Haws' recovery from an ankle...
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Jordan's Austin Kafentzis will keep his...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 170
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 108
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 51
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 43