Utah Jazz notebook: Devin Harris has fond memories with (and against) his old team
"It's been really fun. I really enjoyed my time here (in Atlanta). I was very appreciative of this organization," he said. "They gave me an opportunity to live out my dream. I'll be forever grateful to the Atlanta Hawks for doing that."
Williams also dropped a hint about whether or not he'll take his player option to remain with the Jazz through the 2013-14 season.
"I'm a member of the Utah Jazz now and I like where I'm at," Williams said. "And I'm really enjoying my time out there, so hopefully I can stay there as long I've been here."
MORE MARVIN: Williams on playing in that quadruple-overtime game in which his old team outlasted the Jazz for an exhausting 139-133 victory last March:
"We (Derrick Favors and Paul Millsap) were talking about how gassed we were," he said. "I've never played in a game that long, not even outside messing around. I've never played basketball that long before at such a high level."
What was it like?
"It was a fun game. I was finished," he said, recalling how it as the third overtime game in as many nights for the Hawks. "It was awful. I was done."
MORE MARVIN II: Williams, who sported a Mariners hat into the arena as he occasionally does, likes his Seahawks' chances when they take on the Falcons in Atlanta on Sunday.
Williams: "I'm pretty confident that Seattle will be playing again next Sunday."
JAZZ NOTES: Former Jazz shooting guard Kyle Korver only scored three points, shooting 1 for 4 from the field in Atlanta's win. He was traded to the Hawks by Chicago this past offseason. ... Randy Foye hit a season-high six 3-pointers during his 25-point night. ... Utah had blown double-digit leads three previous times this season — twice against the Grizzlies (16 and 12) and once at home against the Clippers (19).
- Football legend Brett Favre drops in on Alta...
- Mormon coaches and callings: How they balance...
- Final preseason breakdown of BYU, Utah and...
- BYU AD Tom Holmoe says Cougars should hear...
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of BYU,...
- BYU football: Cougars agree to home-and-home...
- Amy Donaldson: Critics of the ALS Ice Bucket...
- BYU offensive line coming together in time...
- College football: BYU, Utah State... 145
- Travis Wilson edges out Kendal Thompson... 106
- Hawaii AD: 'There is a very real... 95
- Guest commentary: It’s OK if BYU... 75
- BYU football: Cougars agree to... 60
- Dick Harmon: Offensive line play will... 46
- Peavler: Final preseason breakdown of... 29
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah players take blame... 24