Scott Cunningham, NBAE/Getty Images
ATLANTA — The Utah Jazz fell to the Atlanta Hawks on the road tonight, 103-95.
Utah led the game by 15 points with 2:10 left in the third quarter. The Hawks then went on a 14-3 run over the next four minutes of game time to pull back within four.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris had a slow first half, but the Hawks guard really lit up the court in the second half, particularly down the stretch.
Harris tied the ballgame at 85 apiece after Gordon Hayward produced a terrific block on a Louis Williams layup with 5:45 remaining. Harris finished the game with 24 points on 7-for-8 shooting. He also made six free throws and 4 of his 5 3-point attempts.
Before this game, Harris was averaging just more than seven points per game for the Hawks.
Immediately after the Hawks tied the game, the Jazz responded through center Al Jefferson. He scored two straight buckets to give the Jazz a four-point lead, but turnovers and poor shot selection put the ball in Atlanta's court, and it capitalized.
The Jazz were led by Randy Foye, who went 6-for-7 from 3-point range. He finished the game with 25 points, two assists and two steals. Beside Foye, Jefferson scored 23 and Paul Millsap scored 20 in the losing effort.
Utah's bench really struggled in this game. The second unit only managed to score 11 points. Both Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors went scoreless and managed five rebounds between the two of them.
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU downs BYU...
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants freshmen to...
- Rock On: Bronco misses the mark, Utes given...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- BYU basketball instant analysis: There are...
- 4A boys basketball for 2014-15 season
- Ogden attorney sues Weber School District...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 159
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 60
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 42
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 41
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 32
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 30