Scott Cunningham, NBAE/Getty Images
ATLANTA — The Utah Jazz fell to the Atlanta Hawks on the road tonight, 103-95.
Utah led the game by 15 points with 2:10 left in the third quarter. The Hawks then went on a 14-3 run over the next four minutes of game time to pull back within four.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris had a slow first half, but the Hawks guard really lit up the court in the second half, particularly down the stretch.
Harris tied the ballgame at 85 apiece after Gordon Hayward produced a terrific block on a Louis Williams layup with 5:45 remaining. Harris finished the game with 24 points on 7-for-8 shooting. He also made six free throws and 4 of his 5 3-point attempts.
Before this game, Harris was averaging just more than seven points per game for the Hawks.
Immediately after the Hawks tied the game, the Jazz responded through center Al Jefferson. He scored two straight buckets to give the Jazz a four-point lead, but turnovers and poor shot selection put the ball in Atlanta's court, and it capitalized.
The Jazz were led by Randy Foye, who went 6-for-7 from 3-point range. He finished the game with 25 points, two assists and two steals. Beside Foye, Jefferson scored 23 and Paul Millsap scored 20 in the losing effort.
Utah's bench really struggled in this game. The second unit only managed to score 11 points. Both Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors went scoreless and managed five rebounds between the two of them.
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Sunday morning quarterback: Stars and stats...
- BYU moves up to No. 20/21 in the AP and...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 109
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 69
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 42
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Aggies, Cougars have... 33