Scott Cunningham, NBAE/Getty Images
ATLANTA — The Utah Jazz fell to the Atlanta Hawks on the road tonight, 103-95.
Utah led the game by 15 points with 2:10 left in the third quarter. The Hawks then went on a 14-3 run over the next four minutes of game time to pull back within four.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris had a slow first half, but the Hawks guard really lit up the court in the second half, particularly down the stretch.
Harris tied the ballgame at 85 apiece after Gordon Hayward produced a terrific block on a Louis Williams layup with 5:45 remaining. Harris finished the game with 24 points on 7-for-8 shooting. He also made six free throws and 4 of his 5 3-point attempts.
Before this game, Harris was averaging just more than seven points per game for the Hawks.
Immediately after the Hawks tied the game, the Jazz responded through center Al Jefferson. He scored two straight buckets to give the Jazz a four-point lead, but turnovers and poor shot selection put the ball in Atlanta's court, and it capitalized.
The Jazz were led by Randy Foye, who went 6-for-7 from 3-point range. He finished the game with 25 points, two assists and two steals. Beside Foye, Jefferson scored 23 and Paul Millsap scored 20 in the losing effort.
Utah's bench really struggled in this game. The second unit only managed to score 11 points. Both Enes Kanter and Derrick Favors went scoreless and managed five rebounds between the two of them.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41