Utah Jazz hold 47-43 halftime lead over the Atlanta Hawks
The Utah Jazz lead the Atlanta Hawks 47-43 at halftime behind strong performances from Randy Foye and Al Jefferson.
The Jazz led consistently throughout the first half, stretching their lead to as many as nine before the Hawks rallied back in the second quarter.
Among the highlights in the first half was a tremendous fast-break pass by Earl Watson. The Jazz were able to cause a turnover to start the play, and Watson and Gordon Hayward pushed the ball up the floor. Watson sent a bounce pass through three defenders, getting the ball to a cutting Hayward, who laid the ball in for an easy two.
Meanwhile, Foye was particularly effective from the field, especially during a stretch in the first quarter in which he made back-to-back 3-pointers.
Foye finished the first half with 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting. He also tallied two assists and two steals. Jefferson is the only other Jazzman in double figures. He is shooting 45 percent and has five rebounds.
Nobody on the Hawks scored in double figures during the first half. The Hawks are led by Al Horford, who went 4 for 8 in the first half for eight points. He also had one rebound.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris did not start for the Hawks. He scored seven points in 14 first-half minutes.
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30, Mendenhall...
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a...
- Steve Nash fans among Utah Jazz saddened by...
- Who's in? Breaking down the high school...
- Former BYU Cougar and returned missionary...
- Live streams: 5A and 4A girls soccer state...
- Suspended Utah football player sentenced for...
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Boise State blasts BYU 55-30,... 88
- Dick Harmon: Utes climb on big stage;... 75
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 52
- Dick Harmon: Boise State embarrasses a... 47
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 33
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some... 26
- Utes picked to finish 2nd in Pac-12... 24
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave... 21