Utah Jazz hold 47-43 halftime lead over the Atlanta Hawks
The Utah Jazz lead the Atlanta Hawks 47-43 at halftime behind strong performances from Randy Foye and Al Jefferson.
The Jazz led consistently throughout the first half, stretching their lead to as many as nine before the Hawks rallied back in the second quarter.
Among the highlights in the first half was a tremendous fast-break pass by Earl Watson. The Jazz were able to cause a turnover to start the play, and Watson and Gordon Hayward pushed the ball up the floor. Watson sent a bounce pass through three defenders, getting the ball to a cutting Hayward, who laid the ball in for an easy two.
Meanwhile, Foye was particularly effective from the field, especially during a stretch in the first quarter in which he made back-to-back 3-pointers.
Foye finished the first half with 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting. He also tallied two assists and two steals. Jefferson is the only other Jazzman in double figures. He is shooting 45 percent and has five rebounds.
Nobody on the Hawks scored in double figures during the first half. The Hawks are led by Al Horford, who went 4 for 8 in the first half for eight points. He also had one rebound.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris did not start for the Hawks. He scored seven points in 14 first-half minutes.
- Utah State's Kevin Whimpey is an athlete,...
- Red and Blue Recruits: BYU's new commit gets...
- Records fall as BYU, Chase Fischer shoot past...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's season of...
- BYU football: After initial struggles,...
- High school boys basketball: 5A team-by-team...
- High school basketball: Tuesday's roundup
- Brotherhood: Vigil brothers have been driving...
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 160
- Utes drop out of national rankings... 93
- Haws, Collinsworth shine, but SDSU... 66
- Branden Bowen breaks Utah commitment,... 48
- Utah football: Utes' annual game with... 47
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 40
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall wants... 37
- Utes on the verge of a winning Pac-12... 30