Utah Jazz hold 47-43 halftime lead over the Atlanta Hawks
The Utah Jazz lead the Atlanta Hawks 47-43 at halftime behind strong performances from Randy Foye and Al Jefferson.
The Jazz led consistently throughout the first half, stretching their lead to as many as nine before the Hawks rallied back in the second quarter.
Among the highlights in the first half was a tremendous fast-break pass by Earl Watson. The Jazz were able to cause a turnover to start the play, and Watson and Gordon Hayward pushed the ball up the floor. Watson sent a bounce pass through three defenders, getting the ball to a cutting Hayward, who laid the ball in for an easy two.
Meanwhile, Foye was particularly effective from the field, especially during a stretch in the first quarter in which he made back-to-back 3-pointers.
Foye finished the first half with 18 points on 6-for-8 shooting. He also tallied two assists and two steals. Jefferson is the only other Jazzman in double figures. He is shooting 45 percent and has five rebounds.
Nobody on the Hawks scored in double figures during the first half. The Hawks are led by Al Horford, who went 4 for 8 in the first half for eight points. He also had one rebound.
Former Jazzman Devin Harris did not start for the Hawks. He scored seven points in 14 first-half minutes.
- Hayward looking like Captain America early in...
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon features BYU,...
- Ansah, Wagner or Weddle: Which local had the...
- What you may have missed: UConn fan's pleas...
- BYU's defense, among nation's leaders in...
- Gary Crowton resigns as SUU offensive...
- ESPN's Brett McMurphy: 'I actually should...
- Home hasn't been so sweet in Pac-12 play
- College football: Utes climb to No. 5... 56
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 44
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 38
- ESPN's College GameDay is coming to... 34
- After win, BYU looking to improve, get... 26
- BYU overcomes mistakes, downs UConn,... 23
- Dick Harmon: Mangum uses chunk yardage... 22
- Morning links: Kyle Whittingham 'doing... 20