Magna parents charged with growing pot in home, child endangerment
MAGNA — A husband and wife are facing drug and child endangerment charges after police say they were growing marijuana in the home where they were raising their infant child.
Matthew White, 31, and Jennifer White, 28, were both charged with production of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute it, third-degree felonies, possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to deliver, a class A misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
The couple is also charged with child endangerment, a third degree felony. Their 1-year-old daughter was in the Magna home, 8780 Edith Circle, when police served a warrant and searched the house, the charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
Police said they discovered 43 pounds of marijuana, documents tracking sales and a safe containing $67,770, all located in the basement of the home. Seeds, bongs, pipes and scales were found in a basement closet, the charges state.
In the garage, 18 marijuana plants and growing equipment were present, including lights, shields, temperature control, a ventilation system and fertilizer, according to prosecutors.
Matthew White allegedly told police he would buy the marijuana from a seller in Oregon for $2,400 a pound, then sell it for $2,500 a pound.
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Concealed permit holder stopped armed robbery...
- 'Frozen', Utah style! Slot canyons, arches...
- Suspected DUI driver found in barn hours...
- Are you willing to pay more for your child's...
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative Republicans...
- Lawmakers looking to pump up gas tax this...
- How to keep a youthful appearance
- Mitt sounds like a candidate at Salt... 87
- Utah's congressional delegation... 71
- BYU makes clear there are 3 exceptions... 63
- Romney says climate change presents a... 34
- Sen. Mike Lee urges conservative... 25
- EPA inventory highlights 'toxic'... 19
- Darrien Hunt's mother pleads not guilty... 19
- Former SUU rugby player sentenced to... 18