Magna parents charged with growing pot in home, child endangerment
MAGNA — A husband and wife are facing drug and child endangerment charges after police say they were growing marijuana in the home where they were raising their infant child.
Matthew White, 31, and Jennifer White, 28, were both charged with production of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute it, third-degree felonies, possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to deliver, a class A misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
The couple is also charged with child endangerment, a third degree felony. Their 1-year-old daughter was in the Magna home, 8780 Edith Circle, when police served a warrant and searched the house, the charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
Police said they discovered 43 pounds of marijuana, documents tracking sales and a safe containing $67,770, all located in the basement of the home. Seeds, bongs, pipes and scales were found in a basement closet, the charges state.
In the garage, 18 marijuana plants and growing equipment were present, including lights, shields, temperature control, a ventilation system and fertilizer, according to prosecutors.
Matthew White allegedly told police he would buy the marijuana from a seller in Oregon for $2,400 a pound, then sell it for $2,500 a pound.
- Former Gov. Norm Bangerter remembered as man...
- Pornography conference probes perils, solutions
- Redefining college: How associate degrees...
- Orem pediatrician 'happy' to help...
- Q and A: The business of being Moab
- Cheerleading coach who worked as youth...
- Motorcyclist dies after collision near Utah Lake
- Job A Day program gives homeless people...
- End of an era: Mercury rule shutters... 57
- Sen. Hatch's 'I-Squared' bill could... 27
- BYU ranked 'best value college' in Utah 26
- Herbert to meet with Obama... 23
- April snow shocks Utahns but does... 20
- Wild, windy, wet weather wallops... 17
- Utah Rep. Mia Love raises $440K in... 17
- Rep. Jason Chaffetz: Drug Enforcement... 15