Magna parents charged with growing pot in home, child endangerment
MAGNA — A husband and wife are facing drug and child endangerment charges after police say they were growing marijuana in the home where they were raising their infant child.
Matthew White, 31, and Jennifer White, 28, were both charged with production of a controlled substance and possession of a controlled substance with intent to distribute it, third-degree felonies, possession of drug paraphernalia with intent to deliver, a class A misdemeanor, and possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor.
The couple is also charged with child endangerment, a third degree felony. Their 1-year-old daughter was in the Magna home, 8780 Edith Circle, when police served a warrant and searched the house, the charges filed in 3rd District Court state.
Police said they discovered 43 pounds of marijuana, documents tracking sales and a safe containing $67,770, all located in the basement of the home. Seeds, bongs, pipes and scales were found in a basement closet, the charges state.
In the garage, 18 marijuana plants and growing equipment were present, including lights, shields, temperature control, a ventilation system and fertilizer, according to prosecutors.
Matthew White allegedly told police he would buy the marijuana from a seller in Oregon for $2,400 a pound, then sell it for $2,500 a pound.
- North Ogden woman sent to prison in...
- Salt Lake officer captured Dillon Taylor...
- Lunch manager on leave after diabetic student...
- Tips lead police to arrest of public enemy No. 1
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year
- Fallen hiker had passion for the outdoors,...
- Provo company creates program that filters...
- Family seeks change as poisoned tea...
- Poll: Utahns willing to fight for... 56
- Vernal man claims police arrested him... 37
- Utah argues for more time to file... 33
- Utah claims top ACT scores for second year 27
- State asks for more time to file appeal... 24
- End of an era: Huntsville bookshop... 22
- Poll: Majority of Utahns in favor of... 22
- Jay Evensen: Is Provo really an... 22