PROVO — A woman's house was shot several times early Friday, with one of the bullets ending up in her bathroom wall.
Tiffany Smith was in her home at 779 N. 750 West when she called 911 about 3:30 a.m. to report that someone had shot at her house. A nearby officer who had also heard the shots was able to respond quickly.
The officer found multiple .22-caliber shell casings and bullet holes in the bathroom window, in a fence in Smith's yard and in her vehicle, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
Investigators Friday believed the suspects may have picked Smith's car as a random target and were trying to shoot it, he said. Detectives were still looking Friday for those responsible.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-852-6200.
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 21
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18