PROVO — A woman's house was shot several times early Friday, with one of the bullets ending up in her bathroom wall.
Tiffany Smith was in her home at 779 N. 750 West when she called 911 about 3:30 a.m. to report that someone had shot at her house. A nearby officer who had also heard the shots was able to respond quickly.
The officer found multiple .22-caliber shell casings and bullet holes in the bathroom window, in a fence in Smith's yard and in her vehicle, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
Investigators Friday believed the suspects may have picked Smith's car as a random target and were trying to shoot it, he said. Detectives were still looking Friday for those responsible.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-852-6200.
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Conrad Truman found guilty of murdering wife...
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015 World...
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy don't...
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 90
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Utahns support bill making clear clergy... 45
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 29
- GOP senators, congressmen offer support... 24
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 18