PROVO — A woman's house was shot several times early Friday, with one of the bullets ending up in her bathroom wall.
Tiffany Smith was in her home at 779 N. 750 West when she called 911 about 3:30 a.m. to report that someone had shot at her house. A nearby officer who had also heard the shots was able to respond quickly.
The officer found multiple .22-caliber shell casings and bullet holes in the bathroom window, in a fence in Smith's yard and in her vehicle, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
Investigators Friday believed the suspects may have picked Smith's car as a random target and were trying to shoot it, he said. Detectives were still looking Friday for those responsible.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-852-6200.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17