PROVO — A woman's house was shot several times early Friday, with one of the bullets ending up in her bathroom wall.
Tiffany Smith was in her home at 779 N. 750 West when she called 911 about 3:30 a.m. to report that someone had shot at her house. A nearby officer who had also heard the shots was able to respond quickly.
The officer found multiple .22-caliber shell casings and bullet holes in the bathroom window, in a fence in Smith's yard and in her vehicle, said Provo Police Lt. Mathew Siufanua.
Investigators Friday believed the suspects may have picked Smith's car as a random target and were trying to shoot it, he said. Detectives were still looking Friday for those responsible.
Anyone with information can call police at 801-852-6200.
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Salt Lake's record-setting convention kicks...
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 88
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 74
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 26
- Doug Robinson: The first kiss and the... 24
- Mom accused of killing 6 newborns held... 24